These brands any good??

Bronze Member
Username: Oscarbarrera

Post Number: 16
Dual , boss arethey any good?? Because I see there brand of head units and they are cheap yet the make of the headunit looks like it should have a higher price.
So if I was to buy one of these brands would I be dissapointed n the longrun?

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonewolf1985

Post Number: 22
i would NEVER buy dual or boss you are better off paying the price for something decent... what sort of music are you listing to, are you plan on doing a sup or subs, are you going to do a speaker upgrade, what is the year make and model of the car and what are you looking to spend on a head unit?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i listen to mostly rap, and right now i am running two 10" kicker comps on a little amp.
i have a jensen uv8020 but i really want to get rid of it and get a new head unit. but i was looking to hopefully try and find a decent one for not to much like maybe 299.
and maybe i might do speaker upgrades in my doors but not anytime soon.
im driving a 2003 silverado extended cab

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 17
For $299 you can get:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24406_Alpine+CDA-117.html
For $229 you can get:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22379_Pioneer+DEH-P7200HD.html
For $179 you can get:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18875_Alpine+CDA-105.html

All of these are nice head units, but if you are not stuck on one particular brand, I would recommend Pioneer. You get more features than an Alpine of the same price, and they make great head units. I personally prefer Alpine, but that is just me. You could look into offerings from Clarion or Eclipse, they also make good stuff for your price range. You may also be able to find stuff cheaper if you shop around on Ebay or other websites. The units I listed above all have 3 sets of preamp outputs, so you can add an amp or two to power your highs later if you want. The Alpine CDA-105 doesn't have 4V preamp outputs, but it is still a good head unit (I just bought one a couple of months ago).

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonewolf1985

Post Number: 23
maybe this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P4200UB/Pioneer-DEH-P4200UB.html

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 21
I would start with bigger woofer(s) and amp for rap music. Also not sure what you dislike about your head unit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
well im actually looked for one with a touch screen that can play dvds.

at the moment i have a jensen phase linear uv8020 n it works fine with radio n ipod its just my cds and dvds arent working all the time.

its fairly old so i just want to upgrade but i dont want to have to speed a large dollar.
but from what im understanding i might have to to get a good brand dvd/cd player/radio player
because dual actually has cheap head units, cheap as in the price just but i was wondering if there any good or a waist of money

Bronze Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 22
Ok, if you want a video deck expect to pay at least $350 for a decent branded (new) deck, you can go for cheaper speakers without many issues but not with head units, it seems to be a minor malfunction, I would look into fixing it.

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 20
Maybe think about checking out a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. You should be able to find one for less than $350 online, and it is a lot better than a Dual equivalent. It probably will also last a lot longer too...

Username: Bridge0116

Post Number: 2
there are many 3-inch TFT Mp5 ,4-inch TFT Mp5 for V-S616,2.8-inch TFT Mp5 for V-S716,3.5-inch TFT Mp5 for V-P502,Car MP5 for SL 505 2G,3.6-inch TFT Mp5 for V-S520 ,all of them are less than $100,it is rather cheaper.and you can use it in a long run.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us