OT:HID Kits

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3087
I want to get an HID kit for my truck but I have no idea where to buy. Are they all about the same quality? Ebay has them for cheap but I dont want some cheap POS kit. I was looking at www.hidxenonheadlights.com and they seem pretty legit. I think Im going to go with 8000k maybe 10,000k Im not sure yet. I want a blueish color so which would be better? Anyways any links or suggestions would be cool,thanks.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3088
Oh and what wattage should I get? 35w,50w,55w,75w? Im new to this so help me out.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1876
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/HID-Kits-s/216.htm

and where it says coupon code type in TN you should get 25 dollars off. I bought my hidkit from there and never had a problem with them. I would go with 6000k thats what i have and i like them its like white/blueish color. The higher the Ks you go the less light you get. 35w is fine also you might want to buy a Hid relay harness off ebay, so the hid kit draws power from the battery instead of your stock wiring harness. If you don't want to spend that much money you could also go with http://www.ddmtuning.com/product.php?II=101

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3089
Thanks State! Im liking the $35 kit better lol. But where you select the bulb color and wattage,ect what is the HID harness-dual in-dual out $12.50 more and Error Eliminator type 3 $15.00 more? Do I need those things?

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1706
I have bought more kits then i can count on my fingers from ddm. Very good for the price. The 35 watts are fine for low beams. If you have the 55's for your lows you will get flashed all the time. I must say though, hids really spruce up fog lights.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7711
ive got a ddm 3k for my fogs.. no issues

did a complete retrofit with oem parts for my headlights though

if you do not have projectors i would not recommend hids.. if you do don't go higher than 55w.. and use a harness and relay unless you would light your oem wiring to melt

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3546
I found this company a few days ago and they seem like very nice kits. You get what you pay for.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?osCsid=001013c6d4fc28a83c4f3b4df227ff bf

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7712
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=141

same projectors i used for my retro.. good stuff

Gold Member

Post Number: 1707
I have had 2 sets of the 55 watt ddm kit in my Subaru for over a year and i haven't even blown a bulb. I believe there ballast's are life time guarantee to. Also my Subaru has no projectors and its bright as hell i used 3k for my fogs and 4.3k for my High/low.

Gold Member

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3090
Thanks for the responses guys. I think Im going with the ddm tuning kit. What bulb should I go with,I want a blueish color.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1877
5000k i got 6000k. the higher the Ks the less light output you will get. Some people confuse it for the opposite. lol like they got 10000k the brighter it is, which is wrong.

Bronze Member
Username: Oscarbarrera

Post Number: 25
so 6000k will be good? its more of a white right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1708
4300k is white. Really bright to.

Bronze Member
Username: Oscarbarrera

Post Number: 26
German technology HIDs are jus as good as philips brand HIDs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us