Do i need a Cap for this ?

Username: Digthis69

Post Number: 1
hey i am runnin a pioneer D 12E head unit with PPI PC 1800 Amp wired to 2 type R's 12's... do i need a capacitor? i will provide the factory alt stuff and amp info....

Fully-regulated PWM design for guaranteed power delivery
1x400W@4ohms
1x800W@2ohms

and my factory alt is...

Electrical
2003 Hyundai Accent
Battery
Maintenance free 12 volt, 55-amp hour

Alternator
75 amp with internal IC regulator

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5404
Nope. No need for a cap, ever, really.

And you DEFINITELY need a high output alternator !! A 75A alt with that kind of power is asking for trouble!

Post Number: 5
how high of a output alternator do you think i need?

Gold Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 1027
they only make a few different outputs. 150a range is plenty for you. You can get a high output alternator at about 200$ if they make one for your model car. Let me ask you this what brings this question up? Are your lights dimming when the volume is turned up? If there not i wouldnt worry about buying a damn thing...Take that to the bank

Capacitors really are wasted money dont listen to your friends or bestbuy listen to ecoustics

I dont know your skills but an alternator install is very simple
Depending on the vehicle(how tight your work space is)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5410
^Great advice.

quote:

Let me ask you this what brings this question up?

He only has a 75A alternator. There's no way that's going to give him enough amperage to power a PPI PC 1800.

Post Number: 6
i just bring this up cause i dont want my car alternator fu***d up inn middle of the road while i am trying to get somewhere.. for example.. job or classes... and NO my lights are not dimming on anything... nothing has happened so far.. but i havent turned up the volume above 3/4 yet.. im scared something will go wrong...

Username: Walkebra000

Indiana US

Post Number: 5
i was having the same problem with my 2 12" Type R's hooked up to a 1500 Audiopipe amp with all 4 guage wireing and a good ground and even though these forum people keep saying they are a waste of money i talked to a good friend in the audio buisness and he sugested in my case to buy a 2.5 farad compacitor

i got one for about $40 and now i can crank the radio and i dont have any problems

Silver Member
Username: Thelonewolf

Post Number: 224
Caps just mask a problem and can cause more issues down the road...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us