Need help finding speakers for headunit

Username: Jumpman23j

Post Number: 1
I want some pretty good but not expensive speakers for the headunit I will be buying. Ok here are the details, I have a 2004 mazda 6 and I will be getting either the kenwood x794 or mp745u and I need some recommendations for speakers that will pair up nicely with this headunit. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 16
What is your price limit? Are you wanting to buy front and rear speakers? Are you only going to be running the speakers off of the headunit's power? Also does your Mazda have the Bose system installed in it? If it does you may need some adapters or brackets to make certain sizes of speakers fit in there. The brand that you actually buy should be a personal preference. I suggest going to a car audio store and listen to a few different brands and see what you think. I personally prefer Boston Acoustics, but that is just me, and other people will probably give you different suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 1107
Unless you plan to run a 4 channel/2 channel amp on your after market speakers, you're not really going to notice a difference. Are you looking for a set of components or just coaxle speakers? The HU isnt going to provide a whole lot of power to the speakers, so, just get whatever your budget allows and they should sound fine. If you do however plan to possibly run them on an amp later, keep in mind how much rms the speakers are rated for so when the time comes you'll know what size amp you need. One thing that will help make the speakers sound a little better is to not mount them directly to sheet metal and to isolate them, with sound deadner behind the driver and around it.

Post Number: 2
Ok sorry for the delay on the questions but here goes:
I do not have the Bose system installed
I plan on running the speakers off of the headunit's power
And I'm only wanting to buy the front speakers for now

Post Number: 3
My price limit is around 100 bucks but If i'm not going to notice much of a difference I guess I will be fine with anything as long as the speakers don't blow out. Also, i know the factory speakers are 6x8's but will 5x7's also fit in my door panels?

Bronze Member
Username: Wandaddy

Naha, Okinawa Japan

Post Number: 18
I would recommend getting some round speakers, but here are some suggestions that should fit your car if you want 5X7/6/8's:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5021_Boston+Acoustics+S85.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8551_Alpine+SPR-57C.html
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1086832CF/Infinity-Reference-6832cf.html?tp=105

Any of these would be good, but using a seperate amp to power them later would make them sound even better. Also if you wanted to get some nicer components for your front stage in the future, these should also fit in your rear doors on that car as well...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us