Box tuning "help"

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 565
ok, im gettin a box made for my 15" ht pro blackout(and ill jus use it for the other one i got comin to) and i went to the shop, planning on tuning it at 32-33 for SQ and lows. Now im not a box expert, but hes saying i should have it tuned at like 38 and that it wont hurt sq and that most music doesnt go below 40. But i like to FEEL the bass, so wouldnt tuning at 38 kinda jeapordize that? He goes "ur not worried about how loud its going to be"? well, even tuned at 32-35 itll still be loud enough im sure. Anyways, give me some input, and what ud do.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 567
o yea, and i also have my lpf set to 50 hz if that matters, cause i think anything above that is ugly

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 400
most music does not in fact go below 40 hz, some does but not most hip hop. but there is cabin gain, and your peaks are going to be much higher than your tuning. i dont think the guy quite understands all that. im sure he has no idea how to build a box to suit a specific sub.
38 hz you will still feel the bass, but lower will really let you feel the bass on those low notes.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5717
I would tune lower. Go for 33 hz. Sounds like he doesn't really know how enclosures work :p

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 568
DAMNIT i knew it! see, i think he things that it peaks wherever the tuning is, so basically if its tuned @ 38 hz its gonna be loudest at like 45 hz right? so yea.. u only feel the bass that is like 35-40 hz right? the thing is he like always brags about how he makes these mojo boxes and how he tuned em real high and gets em real loud and stuff, so i dont know... kinda scares me cause i kept saying nono i want LOWS and hes like i dont know about that, im afraid even if i tell him i want it tuned lower hell do what he wants anyays bahh. He makes good boxes though, and only charges 95.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 570
ok bassman. ur opinion counts for like 10 peoples opinion. Thx guys, i got my reassurance thats all i wanted

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 649
Its your money,your paying him to build a box for you. So,if he cant do that than tell him you dont want it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us