What kind of battery?

Username: Crete10

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 9
im about to run a 15" sub and prob around 1200-1500w amp everyone is telling me to change my battery to a deep cycle but reading everyone seems to have a different opinion all im going to do is the big3. and prob 1/0-2guage amp wire depends on what i find at a good deal..... the battery i have now in the car is small i am going to change it SOON but dont know what to get .... should i go as big as i can fit with a standard bat? or a dual cycle deep cycle. i am not going to enter in any competitions or anything just for my own pleasure to and from work and thats it.... let me know what you think but i dont see the need to add a bat in the trunk or anything like that i believe in "KISS" keep it simple stupid i know tons of people with trophy's and they had nothing but subs and amp put in i just want to have a lil more reliability. and constant power i do not run my system with the car off anyway so let me know what you think ....... thanks for your time

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5302

quote:

i do not run my system with the car off anyway

Then you don't need to upgrade the battery. Running the system with the car off frequently is the only legitimate reason for upgrading/adding a battery. Unless the battery is bad, of course.

This comes up a ton, but for that kind of wattage (if it's RMS), you certainly need a new alternator.

Username: Crete10

Virginia beach, Va

Post Number: 10
K. THANKS A LOT....

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 333
Definetly get a HO alternator, doing the big 3 will help some, but even more with a HO alt. And you really should use 0 gauge for it.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11237
Yeah, you will almost surely get a lot of voltage drop running that power unless you get a HO alternator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us