STILL NEED HELP!!!

Username: Dodge03quad

Post Number: 5
Hey guys thanks for your posts on the previous one. But i still need a little help.

So there is nothing else I would have to buy last minute if i got this setup?
http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/1782364503.html

I would have everything in my stock truck to support this setup?

I have a 03 ram quadcab with an infinity radio unit. Thanks for your posts!

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 212
If it is a factory infinity stereo then you will have to by a line out converter, so you can use rca cables.

Post Number: 6
how much do those run for?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5711
They are cheap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Yeah, normally anywhere from 10-25 bucks....just depends on brand and how much your local store decides to mark up their products.

Post Number: 7
I am probably going to get everything installed at best buy

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 293
Do not go to Best Buy to get your stuff installed. Go to a local car audio shop, that is unless your going to save tons by going to best buy. I would even suggest finding someone to help you do it yourself.

Post Number: 9
does best buy do a bad job installation wise or are the prices higher?

Silver Member
Username: Mystre

Pemberville, Ohio USA

Post Number: 295
Not sure about prices, I just would not trust them to install anything. As far as I know they don't have to have any training for their installers. If I were you, I would check around and see what prices are for your installation. Good luck. If you need any help, everybody here is very helpful, trust me, they have done wonders for me. You can check out some of my work here: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/640043.html
Alot of this was done with help from the guys here.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 949
You could do it yourself if you can follow directions. We can guide you through the appropriate steps. Just let us know what needs to be done, what you have and we can go from there. You'll save the money plus get hands on experience so you'll know how everything works. This way if something messes up or breaks over time, you will be able to take care of it yourself. Plus you'll know its done right and can feel proud of your work.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1061
what state do you live in?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8170
If you don't already have one, you will also need an amp kit.
8ga will work fine w/ 400wrms.

So...amp kit and LOC, and you are golden for what install.

Best buy installs can be just like local shops. You could go to a crap shop and get a crap install. But your local best buy might have a good installer (or a 16yr old that 'put in that beat' working a parttime job)
Just check around, get a reputable one to install it.

Just for reference, here at the shop, we charge $85 for amp install +$15 w/ stock HU/LOC install.
***taped/fused ACC line for amp remote turn-on***
Includes warranty on install as long as you own the vehicle.
(includes that little piece of mind that we actually did it right at no extra charge)

Post Number: 10
I live in austin texas. Im choosing between best buy or custom sounds(which is our local). I am leaning towards best buy because I am meeting the guy off craigs there. How much is a amp install? does that not come with the sub installation? What do yall think about the setup overall?

the entire kit for 325 plus maybe another 100 for install and extra parts. Will it sound good?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 547
ill be real with u, that setup will sound kinda like but(i just came back from my buddys house and hes has 2 rockford r1 12's and they straight just sound like butt)... not to be an as s just being real with u. u can get a pretty good used amp and 1 sub for 400, and itd sound a lot better and hit harder. Than you'll just need a custom box for the speaker, and a 4 gauge amp kit. Maybe find a class d mono amp that does ~1000 rms on you craiglist(or if your willing to buy off caraudio.com just find a reputable ca'er(which shouldnt run you more than 150.) And just look around for an 800-1000 rms speaker.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
I'd recommend going with the Custom Sounds place you said was your local shop. I know most shops offer a lifetime warranty on their installs (wiring) as long as you own the car. I don't know if Best Buy has any kind of warranty like that. Also, the audio shop, I would hope, would have people more qualified to do the job correctly. Now, the audio shop might be more expensive but the craftsmanship of the work will probably be better, and if they do have a lifetime warranty (like I stated above) then wouldn't it be worth spending the extra money? These are just my thoughts and opinions. Also, I'm sure it will sound good to you, but to someone who is seasoned in car audio might think otherwise. It's a good starter system and/or a good system for someone who is not looking to take up a whole sh!t ton of room.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey guys, I decided to go with the entire setup i posted above. I bought it for 325 cash and I am going to get it installed tomorrow at custom sounds. ONLY PROBLEM...

My backseat bench splits which has a bracket that gets in the way of the probox. Supposedly the part i would have to cutout it solid wood and wouldnt effect the sound. Its only like 5 or so inches out of the box. Other then that it looks great.

Give me opinion on th box cutting! thanks

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1075
let the guys at the shop break it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
no way i would think about cutting it. Probox's are solid wood surrounding the subs correct? so cutting out about 6 inches out of the solid wood wouldnt hurt the box or sound quality?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ok guys I bought everything and got it installed! it sounds great. One problem... I had to buy a new box... Anyone know where I could sell my box and wiring to?

Or if your looking at this and live in Austin Tx and need a 02 and up probox for 2 10 inch subs and complete wiring I will sell for cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us