I NEED HELP BEFORE TOMORROW!!

Username: Dodge03quad

Post Number: 2
Hey guys, I have an 03 dodge ram quadcab truck and thinking about getting the subs listed below.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/1782364503.html

I have a stock headunit for my radio and i also have an infinity sound system. Is there anything else I would need installed into my truck to have this setup work? Also other advice is appreciated! thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8069
infinity sound system?? you mean stock???

that looks like a good begginer set up if you dont want to compromise space but want a daily driver that sounds ok...

you could get better but if you just want to fill the small gap that should be a nice set up...

i recomend the infinity set up to be kappa with a 4 channel amplifier maybe a infinity 4 channel amp to run your 2 pairs of nifinity speakers.

bottom line: it will be a ok daily driver if you just want some bass.. it wont be nothing BIG so dont except too much..

you dont need to buy alot more of woofers since you have limited space and stock charging system..

IMO: go for it

Gold Member

Post Number: 8070
dont give 400

tell him umm 350 max

Post Number: 3
I want it to be louder and some power behind the bass. So there are no other hookups I would need to buy that would add up cost wise?

Also this system will hook up to my headunit fine? no adaptors i would have to buy or a new headunit? How much are adaptors?

Post Number: 4
The deal is 325

Gold Member

Post Number: 8073
coll thats a nice price..

dude it will sound ok but not TOO LOUD!!!

just get it if you really want LOUD sound you needto take out the seats and make room for BIG box and plenty of POWER that will end up making you buy an upgraded alt wiring kit and HEAVY amplifier..you will end up paying like 500 in just charging system

check the amplifier its like 300 rms thats ok for the woofers but it will ok for a daily pick up truck..

for that amp i suggest a nice 4gw wire ,aybe a kicker 3 gauge wiring kit and that is it you have everything up..

yeah you need to buy an adaptor if you want to keep your headunit

if you have stock... the you will need a line output converter.. the one that you hook up to your door speakers (you dont need to unhoook the speaker just add to it) and make a rca output line.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i331_line-out-converters.html

theres i chance i dont remeber that that rockford model has build in line out converter check it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us