New x seres sub is out, discuss.

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1046
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154c479489c8a4d/shopdata/0050 _Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 525
WOOOHOOO LETS HAVE A PARTY THE NEW X SERIES CAME OUT! lol just playin... i dont mess around with anything less than 1000 rms

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16478
seems to be a nice low wattage sub

with a 250wrms rating it seems perfect for those wanting a simple 1 amp system so u can get like a 100x4 @ 4ohms 4 channel amp & use chan 1\2 on a pair of comps & sub on 3\4 channels bridged

i see they have a 2ohms svc version too so it can work well for 5 channel amps which usually does the most power off the 5th channel at 2ohm so that wud be perfect for this application .....

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1047
its an entry lvl sub that i want to play with. i really want to see what a 250watt entry lvl sub can do compared to main stream subs.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23188
$139 for a FI 15" sub is very tempting to try. Especially in the HT market where 250w is normally PLENTY.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 943
So the single 4 is running at a 2.9 ohm load? That's a sweet deal though for someone looking for affordable subs and not running a lot of power.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2345
good price imo, but if it's like the old ones they never recommended more than the rms (which the old were 300). I would love to do a bunch of them in a wall or something, or hell a pair in a trunk car with a budget build, but they're just such low power...They definitely fill in the 1-500 rms range that Fi has been neglecting for a while.

Paul, I was thinking the same thing on the HT side.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1051
i was two but, i think the Q might do better.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11928
It's*back* out. They used to sell this sub or a sub very similar to this back when they were first around. Nice looking entry sub.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3050
"i dont mess around with anything less than 1000 rms"

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you saying subs with less than 1000wrms are not gonna sound good or get loud? Thats very funny to me.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16480
well they r cheap so if u have the space u cud use 2\3\4 of em with not much power & the added cone area will give u some decent output

for daily i want 1000wrms - most of the time i wont use all of it but its a nice amt of power to have on tap when u want to bump ur fav song ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2346
twiztid there are plenty of low power subs that sound good, but I can understand where Ryan is coming from. I'd have to run 40 X series subs just to give them RMS off my amp. There's no way in hell I'm doing 40 anything nonwalled, and there's no way I'm not taking advantage of the power I already have.
Now 12 SSDs would be more reasonable.
They are a great entry level sub if like the old ones, but they are just that- entry level.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 616
I couldnt imagine a 1000wrms going to a Q in an ht setup! Wow! Would be loud though. Someone going to try one of these x's an post some reviews?

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1199
well troy, there is a HUGE difference between what you are running and the average 1000w system. there is nothing wrong with running a subwoofer(s) on less than 1kw.

also im not so sure why subs like these are considered entry level. they are the same build quality, same quality parts, just not made to take huge amounts of power, and are easier on the bank account. i do not see that as entry level, i see it as targeting another category of consumers.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 8066
stupids 2 15s x will be louder than a single q or bl 12" or even 15" with 1000rms to the q and 1000rms (500 rms each) to the x's

cone area and efficiency.. noobs

bunch of douchbags now days

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1201
then dont post here anymore
it would help make this place better

Gold Member

Post Number: 8074
you cant tell me what to do noob

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 3056
Welcome back Rob! How you been?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8081
i been pretty good actually i had some contact with some ol memebers of the efamily the thing is that i got here but no peeps but now i decided to stay here for a while..

yeah pretty good how about yourself?

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 396
Yeah, i would love to hear these things in a ht setup too. Sometimes you just dont realize how loud 250 watts can get in a home theater till you do it.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 458
haha someone feels like they are mr. bad A over here...

I don't care how long you have been registered or how many posts you have, but when you generalize everyone as douchbags and "stupids" its a good indicator to others you may be one yourself.

I don't believe anyone on here mentioned two X15"s would not be louder than 1 BL15".

One of my first set ups was with the original X12s. They were pretty decent subs. They have definitely upgraded the drivers since then.

here is the old X12 specs to compare.

Specs:
X12 D4
Fs 25.7 Hz
Re 3.9 Ohm sper coil
Qms 4.01
Qes .38
Qts .35
Mms 120g
Cms 3.2mm/N
Sd 480 cm^2
Vas 104.1 l
SPL 88.6 dB 1W/1m
BL 20.0 N/A
Xmax 16mm
RMS 300W

Gold Member

Post Number: 8082
cone area and efficiency will always ALWAYS be louder with the same amout of power given in same spectrum they will be in....

HOWEVER.....

when the subs reach their mechanical limits with the power given.. the other ( i assume is much higher rated ) will start to kick in..

all the depends on:

specs of the wofer
cone area
box volume and design
the spectrum wich they will be in ( a hatchback will always be louder than a trunk)
power handling
tempeture

also mostly to check the output of the woofer simple....
multiply xmax times cone area and you have a point of volume output

all depends on these aspects

but 2 15s xs with 500 rms will be louder than a bl or q 15 with the same power given 500 rms

then you upgrade from 500 to 1000 rms you will see that their both will be doing the same output

again HOWEVER

because of more surface area the more easier is to achive lower notes (sub 20hz notes) that will yield in a more deep sounding boom than a single 15.

thank you very much

have a nice day

bottom line the more air you move the louder it will get

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11201
" bunch of douchbags now days "

One more today...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8083
with you?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23194

quote:

I couldnt imagine a 1000wrms going to a Q in an ht setup! Wow! Would be loud though. Someone going to try one of these x's an post some reviews?

Ummmmm read my profile lol.

And Rob, stop calling everyone a noob. You'll force me to post your Keeker vid.

How's the kid BTW? Have any more?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2347
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/entry-level

This sub is definitely best geared towards a first time system owner. Low cost, low power handling, etc. Not saying it's poor quality, but by being their lowest level of subs it is entry level.

The most cone area I can fit in my truck would be 12 12s ported. Now even at rms thats 3000 watts for the X. The same number of SSDs (the next step up) could handle around 10,000 watts. That's a huge theoretical difference in output G.I. Rob. I could do 4 12s or 2 18s on that 10k watts and be louder theoretically. Besides who buys a BL and gives it 500 rms?

Yes cone area is great, but how many people want a ton of subs?
Some vehicles you can only fit ONE sub, so 1 X 250 watts, or 1 X 1000 watts would be a very noticeable difference given the right enclosure. Xmax is nice, but not necessary for SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 628
lol holy sh-it paul. Im betting that it sounds pretty good? If you dont mind me asking,how much did you pay for that dayton? or how much do they go for?

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

San Antonio, Texas

Post Number: 461
That home audio setup looks really nice paul. Did you port your box? I wonder if porting the box would help move the hot air and cool the plate amp more efficiently...

The Elemental Designs LT300 plate amp looks with the X15 looks like an affordable solution I may consider.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5780

quote:

also im not so sure why subs like these are considered entry level. they are the same build quality, same quality parts, just not made to take huge amounts of power, and are easier on the bank account. i do not see that as entry level, i see it as targeting another category of consumers

That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say. These are very solid SQ subs at great prices.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15089
haha its funny you guys look at these almost like it never has been done....producing 250 watt subs....back in the day 250 watt subs were considered the average high output subs....cerwin vega 10's comes to mind from back when im talking about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us