Ordering my new subs and amp

Silver Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 112
ok so right now im currently on vaca but when i get back im ordering my new subs and amp..im keeping my dual 15 sealed box and im gonna order 2 15 Fi SSD dual 1ohm and run them off a Hifonics HFi2000D in 1ohm. i ordered a new Kinetik HC1800 before i left so i hope its there when i get back but i plan on using the stock battery for all car needs and the kinetik for the system...you think this a decent setup?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 998
what are your goals for your setup? got some good 1/0 ga wire? other wise it sounds pretty good, i personally don't like hifonics but if it works for you live it up.

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 113
sql i want it to be loud but still sound good...my door speakers and tweeters are now MBquarts i got rid of the rockford tweets and tyep r speakers but ya i have to get some 1/0gauge wire i currently only have 4g. ive never messed with Fi so i hope they are alot better then the XOs im afraid the sealed box i have is even to small i hope not.
heres a pic of the box
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 594
Sounds like a good set-up. Dont know your budget.. Maybe get a couple Fi Qs instead? Just curious,why the hifonics amp?

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 114
budget is around 700 for subs and amp but hifonics idk ive had one before and it pushed my 15 cvx soo nice and never blew i sold it awhile ago but my buddy fried a lil while ago it lasted for 4 years lol but idk what amp could put out decent power like that for around 300 350 but if anyone has ne other ideas let me know

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1000
i would say Q's as well for a sealed box, but i think there ~100 more a peace.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1001
AQ2200D $389 each shipped, that's new you could get one used for cheaper or a saz-2000D or 2500D used even tho the 2500D just came out

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 595
^congrats on a 1000! I agree with with the aq2200d,for that price you just cant go wrong! I guess if you stuck on the hifonics i will work,just better out there thats all.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 332
id'e have to vote for the 2200d also. for the price you just can't beat it in performance and reliability.

damn gold members (deathoob).....lol

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1002
hahaha not my fault. if it was a later time i think it would be cool to get some of sundown's 800d amps that in real world should do ~1k @ 1 ohm and eather link them, there going to be little cute things. that won't be for a while tho. but if you can find a saz-2000D that would be my choice, however i have a bonner for sundown amps.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1193
you can generally find a used orion 2500d for around 300-350
check around on ca.com and caco.org

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 334
^and that's an awesome choice kyle. i had a friend that had one about 5 years ago.

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 115
yaa idk yet i dont wanna drop a ton of $$ but i also dont wanna frie the amp and have to buy another

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1006
i would say use the amp you have but save the money for a nicer amp if you feel the hifi is not cutting it.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 381
the hifonics are really not that bad, if you already have it and got a great deal on it then keep it, i got a bxi2008d when it just came out for $200, not sure how i got it for that cheap but i did, and i had it pushing 2 12" memphis mojos and man that was some very very loud but clean bass.
but if you havent bought it yet, i say go for sundown as well, i currently run sundown and it is wonderful

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 116
i havent gotten the amp yet i just wanted to see what u guys thought i know there not the best my old amp worked so well but idk!! im pretty set on the 2 15 SSD's i jus dunno on the amp really but you think if i ran 2 amps it would really hurt my elec. my alt is stock i looked before i left pretty sure its a 120amp atleast thats what the mechanic said but idk

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1017
i would say spend your money on the AQ or a used sundown, but are going to need some bigger electrical when you can get it.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 503
hell yea hes gonna need a bigger electrical... at least do big 3

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1018
most def on the big 3, thats the cheapest up grade you can do and have it do something useful.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11190
Any of those amps suggested above are good choices. The hifonics comes nowhere close, that will NOT do 2000w...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/542894.html

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1194
maybe it would be best to get the hifonics until you can upgrade your electrical system. i would bet the hifonics would still put a strain on it, let alone any others suggested.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1021
he may be able to run a saz-1000D for now and upgrade and sell if later if he wants more power. yes, no, maybe.

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 117
i already have the big 3 in 4g im switch it up along with all the other 4g to 1/0g and i hope having the system run off a dif batt will help out my electrical but i think im set on the hifonics. u think itd be better to run 1 amp or 2 one for each sub i know id have to get a fuse block but idk if it worth...gonna order the SSD's prob fully loaded when im back on fri...im in north carolina with the girlfriend

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1027
i would say if you can stay with 1 amp if you can. any one else have any other input for him?

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
^^^^^ x2
why? because its normally cheaper to run more power from one amp than getting the same power from 2 amps.

for example an alpine mrd-500 may go for like 150 new, but you could get an mrd-1000 for say 230 new or somthing like that, not worth buying 2 mrd-500s to get the same power.
plus 2 subs on one amp is more efficient in getting the power out of it.

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 118
okk thats sounds good i was jus wonderin if i could get it louder using to amps running in 1ohm bridged buttt idk ill jus go with one amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
well technically you could be louder using 2 amps, but only at higher ohm loads because of efficiency, but its going to cost more money to have that kind of power, and your better off just spending that money instead on electrical upgrades or something else. and besides it wouldnt be that much of a difference anyways

basically without all the crazy talk, its just best to use 1 amp

Silver Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 119
yaa thats what i thought butt im thinking when i get back ill order the ssds and the hifonics and batt...i can get a good deal from a local car audio shop for some 1/0g wire
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us