Car Jacked, What To Do?

Bronze Member
Username: Kounnavong

Post Number: 21
Sup guys? A few nights ago my car was parked outside with the alarm on and around 3AM I heard my alarm go off and by the time I went outside the car was shredded up. In less than 2 minutes they(I assume there was more than 1 person cause it was pretty fckn quick) took the following: head unit(pioneer deh-p7900bt), amp(alpine mrv-f450), 2 - 6x9s(alpine sps-609), backpack.. AND all my coins. They left me the remote to my deck and the ipod cord along with my ipod. Broken driver side window, awesome. I'm poor so my insurance doesn't cover this, but hopefully I rebuild my sound system back up too. Good thing I didn't have a sub in there, cause I blew it a few months ago.

This sucks guys. Very much. Anyways.. Anyone got some car audio stuff they wanna get rid off? Looking for a sub, amp, and a new head unit, maybe some new front components and 6x9s. Let me know.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4852
Did you leave your faceplate on your HU? Now that they know your into audio, they'll come back. Secure your things down with hex screws and take your faceplate off. Probably get your windows tinted also so they can't see whats inside.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Yeah.. That night I did. I usually take it off and put it in the case and hide it under my seat, but I forget to do so sometimes. I'm just gunna start parking my car in my backyard where my dogs live. I rather have dookie on my tires than everything stolen. My back windows are tinted so you can't even see through during the day, but the front I had to get rid of em cause the police told me to get rid of it. Hex screws seem like a pretty nice idea. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 966
if you can show me a pic with your user name in it on a peace of paper next to your jacked car i can get you some of my older equipment for cheaper then i want to get red of it for. or just let me know if you are instred in it, my g/f wants me to get out off the house.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15028
sorry to hear about your luck

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 968
x2

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3849
Not a good feeling. You can only learn from your mistakes man.

2 years ago I had my SUV taken on a flatbed and completely stripped. They took everything you could imagine including all of my audio. Now I try and build all of my sound systems completely stealth so everything looks stock. Flashy TV's or an easy to see sub box is pretty much asking for your stuff to get swiped.

Granted I do often park in bad areas both in St. Louis and Phoenix. So I'm extremely cautious where I park my car.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15044
yeah i try to do stealth too

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 973
only thing you can see in my car is my hu, unless i have my back seat down to show off, stock rims, car needs a bath, car filled with trash, no tint, to get the sub and box out you haft to unscrew the sub and the top screws are a bich and a half to get at, i do need some hex screws with the center pin tho. any one know where to get some.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1714
oh man i'm sorry to hear your car got robbed. I know exactly how you feel.
My car also got robbed and it happened in a pretty good neighborhood in new york. Not a single window broken or any sign of entry. I still have NO clue how they got inside the car - and i know the doors were locked. They ended up taking every single thing in my car including my front dash piece and a very expensive jacket.

Good luck on your next build and you should really focus more on securing the goods.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15047
id figure any hardware store

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 395
Yea B- mac is right, you will be targeted again since they know you are in to audio. dude some time ago, when i had a '94 cavalier my whole system got stolen. I had no alarm, had just moved to central drive (sounds hood dont it) ,and was so gullible and unaware. I know it is a helpless feeling, but it will get better. Another thing i suggest is never install in your neighborhood ( you never know who is watching). Also when you get a new system, do not bang around your neighborhood again. They may assume you never replaced anything.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 974
or be known for having a gun and a trespassers will be shot on site sing.

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 576
That really sucks man! People are fuking azzholes! Ive been robbed quite a few times,it sucks but you gotta just keep goin. Maybe from now on you let your dog sleep in your car,when someone trys to get in he bites his dam face off! lol If i were you id take deathoob up on his offer for sure.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 976
or you can put bar's on your windows, real ghetto like.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23160
Or play with them a bit. Replace everything they took with damaged goods. You'll be without music for awhile but if/when they come back they'll be stealing bum equipment. Make it inviting too like leaving the window down enough to unlock you door so they don't break in. A vid would be Youtube famous lol. Heck we all know someone with blown amps and sub so maybe you do too?

I'm just messin'. You wouldn't want to pizz them off over your gag forcing them to return and retaliate. Thieves have no respect so if they attempt to rob someone and fail they take it out on the car. Joyriders are the worst. They don't want your gear but to destroy your car in ways they can't with theirs.

Personally I'd rather be robbed by a pro instead of a smash and grab junkie. The wankers leave behind broken glass and smashed panels. The pros leave you wondering how they got in.

My local farmer's mart has an audio store (they all do by law lol) that has mounds of used HU's. I'd say 80% have shortly cut wiring harnesses. Ever wonder where your gear went? Take a wild guess.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 978
i have a blown amp and a head unit that got hit by lightning if you want it lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks a bunch for the tips and remorse guys. I'll keep those tips in mind. I live Southeast San Diego. I suspect it was a bunch of asians(I'm asian myself) who robbed my car. The reason why I think that is because I asked my friend to ask around to see if anyone was selling a nice pioneer deck in perfect condition or anything else of mine I had. He said his friend's friend was selling a headunit exactly like mine(same model number & condition), but after he tried to get a hold of him again he told me the person already sold it.. I guess I'm SOL.

Oh well.. Guess I gotta start off from scratch again. I'm not trying to get pity and cheaper deals from you guys. Just wanna know what you guys have for sale that's real good. Let me know.

Gold Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 1023
i got some ok 4 channel amps and some subs i need to get red of there not amazing but there ok. oh and we came up with a good way to secure things. fill all the screw heads with solder and / or cap bolts with solder. should stop / slow them down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I'm kinda looking for some above average arsenal to load in my car. The kind of equipment where your ears are hurting cause it's pretty loud, but not the loudest. I want people to hear me from at least a block away. 8). Let me know. I have pretty fat wires throughout my car. My battery cable is a little bit bigger than the size of those monster slim jims you buy at the store. All my speaker wires are pretty good sized too. It sucks driving in the car without music.. Thanks for the tip deathoob, That sounds really good. I'm gunna use that tip for my next setup for sure.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 506
well, than whats ur budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Well I just recently bought a new head unit and got my carpet in my car replaced cause of the damage, but i was hoping to just buy really loud front components for a good price. I also got a free 5 channel amp from my cousin so I'll be bumping mids for a while until I can get a subwoofer setup going on. I read glasswolf's thing on rear fill speakers so I'm just looking for super loud almost ear shattering on a low budget front components. Just give me a price and I'll give you an answer.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3258
"I want people to hear me from at least a block away"

(Were you serious?) If so, I think I know why your system got jacked. I'm not trying to be a d!ck, but if you're going to load money into your sound system, 1) don't come bumpin down your street at 3 AM, that's just gonna get people mad enough to steal your system strictly because it's a nuisance and 2) you gotta use some common sense turning it down close to your house if you live in a rough hood.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk, I truly am sorry your system got jacked.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us