Audiopulse Axis

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4844
Sup guys. Just wanted to share my experience with you guys. As some of you may know, I installed a system in my pops 2001 Toyota Tundra back in 08. It was suppose to last me while I fixed up my other projects (99 Yukon & 99 Acura Integra). Well after 3 years since my last real system in the Yukon. I think I'm coming back. I installed my AP Axis I bought from Jakepapa probably about 2 years ago. I only have it on 500rms as of right now. But wow, what a difference from the Fi SSD I have installed in the custom center console box. The bass is so much smoother, it gets so much lower. Well it is a 15" and the ssd is only a 12" but still. TC made an awesome sub. I haven't heard bass so clean before. It gets pretty loud and transitions so smoothly. I have plans to redo the system in the Tundra since no one sits in the back anyways. Anyways thats what BernyMac has been up to. Heres some pictures of the Yuk, teg and my custom 10's I got done awhile back. Don't trip, I'm still in the game, just hibernating.

The DB8
Upload

Crossfire xt215 15" subs turned into 10's
Upload

Nothing new here
Upload

And although I've been out of the Car Audio game, doesn't mean I'm out of audio completely. I've been focusing on Home Theater as well.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Fcking H0M0S , Wear FipFlops!! US

Post Number: 4952
That was my response when I switched from everything else to a TC sounds 5200 first time I heard it drop bottom it gave me chills I was hooked! Now you can Immagine what it sounded like tuned to 30hz and powered with a Z1a on 16V ! If it wasn't for me needing space in my mini cooper I would have shoe horned it in

Polo

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4845
I don't even have it in a box built to specs and it performs so well. I have it in a box that Chad gave to me for his Revo 15" tuned in the 30's. And it performs so well. I really need to give it more power. I'm glad that TC is back, cause I'm thinking about ordering some a couple TC Axis subs.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2263
nice to see you two back for the time being

ive wanted an axis for a long time.......i even PM'd you about it on CA.com berny

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4847
Just grab one off partsexpress . At one time I did want to sell the Axis, but due to shipping costs I don't think it was worth it. Now that I've used it, I'm never turning back. Hello TC sounds, goodbye everyone else :D.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11924
Sh1ts looking good Bern! The Yuk is as sick as ever and the 'Teg is looking sweet as well.

Glad to see you're still doing your thing Bern.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 942
so, sorry to thread jack, but what makes TC so much better then others? build quality, personal pref?

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4848
I've heard my fair share of subs. At one point, I would pick a rd alpha over a ap revo. The alpha got low and was louder. It was very well balanced in my book. But where I was able to find certain flaws in subs I heard in the past. I haven't found one flaw in this AP Axis. But give me time. I know theres plenty of subs out there that are great. ID Max, JL W6, etc. But damn, this AP Axis is so sweet. I guess you just gotta try it out for yourself.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 943
dam so you are telling me my FI Q sucks? maybe if i can find some one with a 5400 and see if it sounds good to me.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4849
I haven't heard a Fi Q. I do own one, a blown one lol. I have plans for it. Test it, make it a ht sub?, sell it, etc. I never said that it sucks. I guess I'm simply implying that I'm so amazed at the sound of the AP Axis, that I don't want to look into anything else.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 944
ah, TY for answering my stupid question.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5776
What up nikka?

And how long I been telling you TC/AP rules? Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 23152
Good to see you two around. Also, don't feel like your interest in home audio is any indication of you "selling out" your car audio interests.

It's a natural transition and one many have pursued.

And deathoob, there is absolutely nothing wrong with FI subs. They are a very affordable option to TC or AP. While they may be worth the $$ not everyone today has it to spend. Not to mention you're still worlds ahead of most mainstream brands in value/performance anyway.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4850
Brad, a very long time. And now that prices are more affordable than when they were AP I plan on purchasing some for my Yukon.

Paul, nicely said. And I'm still around from time to time.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23155
Yeah I see ya on FB lol.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4851
Yeah lol. I see your gaining up on Chad. Shouldn't take to long now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4953
In my opinion it is the tall rubber surrounds, increased throw and loose spiders that make it perform so well. The 5200 has such a beast of a motor it needs to be in a small box to keep it more linear but the output is phenomenal. I am in the market for some 10's might be looking for some mini revos ..

Polo

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23157
Don't care anymore really. Honestly. E's been my home and one I check in on every day for the last 4+ years. I's like getting the mail everyday or eating breakfast. It's not my life but part of it.

Silver Member
Username: Boston_spl

Highland, CA United States

Post Number: 307
"It's like getting the mail everyday"

It really is. lol

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 961
this is the one form i do check every day or post in a thread to get the email updates.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3536
Nice to see Bern and Polo around still.

That teggy looks awesome. Way nicer than what it looked like when you first brought it home.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15051
glad to see your back in the game berny and that teg turned out really nice

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1871
agreed the integ turned out nice. haha nice HT set up. khmer karaoke. haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 4954
I have multiple hobbies, car audio being with me since I was a kid lol. I also kitesurf and run all kinds of r/c cars and boats, no more helis lol. Also I have two young boys who are always in some sort of trouble and or sports so it is keeping me running. I'll try to dip in more often.. Polo.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 23169

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4854
Snow - Thanks. It has come a longs way. I'll be sure to make a build thread for when I do my audio install.

Sean - I'll always think about car audio. But I look at things differently when I think about buying a 3000rms amp for $500+. Its a lot of money. Can't be careless or reckless with my money anymore.

State Prop - Khmer Karaokay haha. Thats my pops HT system. Got it for him for fathers day.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4336
ive been a tc sounds fan for a while as well. the axis sounds very good. the RE 04/05 XXX and the axis are 2 of the best sounding subs ive heard. BUT my favorite has been my revo 10 and my 3hp neo sub with axis coil. im still sad i never got to hear my 5400

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3164
i'll be the f@g and say this is the best thread on here in a long time. finally some real E members. i want to see a build log Berny!

Gold Member

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 4855
Hunter - I got to hear some 04/05 RE XXX's in lowlifes avalanche. I can see what people mean when they say that it has it peculiar sound. A love it or hate it type of bass. I haven't figured if I liked it yet. Its not aweful, but truly different. As for the Axis, its my favorite sub by far. Hopefully that'll change after hearing some of the new lms ultras.

Eric - I love making build threads on basically anything I do. I'll be sure to make one when I install systems in both the yuk and the integra.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us