Two Fi q 12s ported vs. Two Fi q15s sealed

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 376
I want to get loud but have no experience with Fi. Both will take up about the same space in the trunk. Which setup would you guys chose? Why?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 491
I would do ported but thats just me. It would be a little cheaper and im no expert but would imagine the output would be similar. Plus if u wanted it to = the same amount of money as the 15's you could upgrade and get the cooling option on the 12's.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 379
i say 15s sealed, those q's seem to perform very well in sealed enclosures and im sure you will have a much more musical sounding sub stage compared to the 12s ported, probably the same loudness as well, either one could be louder i would guess really depends on vehicle and space.. ect

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
I want some that hard punch in the trunk. and a sealed system can sometimes get deep. i just have never had a sealed system in my ford taurus.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2324
15s sealed. Simpler box, good output and sq. Both are good choices but you can do ported when you get a bigger vehicle.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 380
going sealed in the biggest recommended box should give you that deep bass, those subs are meant to be low end monsters! so having great output down to 30 hz should not be a problem with a big sealed box and 15" drivers
you will have more low end extension than that, but music really just doesnt get that low for the most part.
what vehicle would this set up be going into?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2325
I think he said a Taurus.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15023
what year taurus i have a 95 gl

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
95 gl too.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 931
if you want to wait a week i can let you hear my Q. but i would say dual 15"s with low qti or what ever it is and extra spider and maybe cooling how much power are you going to run?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us