Ground loop isolator question.

Bronze Member
Username: Perfectcircle

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 94
I put a 15" diamond d3 in my little commuter honda civic. I was getting awful noise through the rca's. I re-grounded the hu and it got rid of the popping and most of the ground noise. But I'm still getting engine noise and alt noise. I put a ground loop isolator on it as a last ditch effort to keep it cheap. It got rid of all of the noise including the bass. I can hear a little treble out of the sub, but no bass what so ever. Anybody have any ideas. Bad ground loop isolator or are they just junk to begin with?

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 906
what head unit do you have?

Silver Member
Username: M_kimmel843

Post Number: 177
Are your RCA's ran next to your power wire? This can cause noise.

Bronze Member
Username: Perfectcircle

IndyTC sounds 18...

Post Number: 95
They are ran on opposite sides. Its a pioneer. It came with the car. Its a third car and really didn't want to gut the thing, to get to the bottom of the noise. Was just hoping a ground loop isolator would help.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 908
some pioneers need to have there rca's grounded, i think if you call pioneer and ask they will tell you how. could try to run a rca loose from the front to back just drape it down the center and see if the same thing happens.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3533
It's the pioneer problem.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/wiring-electrical-installation-help/198477-engine- whine-ground-loop-fixes-take-two.html

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 15067
thats why i wont buy a pioneer unit anymore
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us