Connected my ipod

Username: Fiatpunto

Post Number: 2
i have connected my ipod to my deh-p6700mp pioneer but no sound is coming out, any help would be appreciated cheers

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5255
What connector did you end up purchasing? Did you turn on the aux?
To turn on the aux setting:
Turn the power off
Press and hold the function key
Scroll right until you see AUX
and
Press up or down to turn it on or off.
Turn it back on and use the source button to select it.

Which iPod are you using? It's possible it isn't compatible...

Post Number: 3
I just bought this
http://www.amazon.com/AUDIO-3-5MM-JACK-AUXILIARY-CABLE/dp/B001T4SNQO
my aux is on, when i plug my ipod touch in it says aux on but no sound lol, really frustrating me now, thanks for your help

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5269
Ah, as mentioned in this post, you need to purchase a separate adapter that hooks up to the IP-BUS (square connector). I'm pretty sure that what you did was you got a double ended male headphone cable and just plugged it into the 'headphone jack' on the back of the head unit, right? This won't work because that 'headphone jack' is really just so you can hook up a wired remote to the head unit (for example preserve factory steering wheel controls) i.e. it's not an aux input.

Post Number: 4
Right ok mate thanks, yea i just plugged it in the rear of the unit. If you was me mate, what products would you buy and how do you set them up mate, as you can probably see from my posts am not very clever with electronics haha.
Cheers for all you help mate

Post Number: 5
Also would this setup work for my phone, where the headphones go into my ipod my phone is the same

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 5272
If you can hook up headphones to your phone and they function just the same as the phone's internal speaker, then sure, you can hook up your phone to the stereo as well.

Personally, I would buy this adapter It's very cheap and will work great. You just plug it into the back of the head unit and you're good to go.

If you want to control your iPod through the stereo, see the titles of what is playing, and want to spend a bit more (but lose the ability to hook up whatever you want), you can get Pioneer's iPod adapter unit. Be aware, though, that the adapter will not charge newer iPods such as the iPhone and latest generations of the nano. I personally prefer the option of just getting the regular adapter from ebay, but some people really like the ability to control the iPod through the stereo and I'm just offering it as a suggestion if that's more appealing to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us