Sound deadening suggestions

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 187
ive never used sound deader and hear it can really help. So I have absolutely no knowledge in this area. I have 70 bucks to spend. I drive a car and im looking to get as much as possible as long and its somewhat quality. I guess ill have to also get one of those rollers to. Id have to pay via credit card, so maybe ebay would be the best way, suggestions would be much appreciated, thx a lot

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16320
it makes a very noticeable difference - worth it 100%

for ur small budget this might be 1 of the limited options u have : ...

http://www.fatmat.com/kits/fatmat/trunk.html

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 188
what about the 50 square feet of fatmat for 80 dollars? wouldnt that be a little more and i could use it for the trunk and the rest for doors?

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 166
not thread jacking here, just a quick question..
anyone ever use the speaker tweakers from second skin? if so, are they really worth it, or is it just best to deaden the door skins?
tyvm.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 190
yes ya are

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2247
My bro just received 160sq feet of damplifier and spl tiles along with speaker tweakers, should be installed soon and I can post if you'd like steve.

I don't think 50 feet is enough to do your trunk and doors, maybe trunk and the front two. It really depends on the size vehicle and how many layers you use.

As far as rollers check a local paint store or lowes, they're literally 1-2 dollars. Online they cost 15 bucks from secondskin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
yeah troy, that would be great. let me no what you and your brother think of them, and let me no if there worth it too.

and of course pics are always good.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2248
They're really supple rubber, though you need your own adhesive.
The SPL tiles have MUCH thicker foil than regular damplifier, they're really badass imo.

I was going to buy the rubber pads but I was thinking how I listen to music with my window down all the time. How well is that thing working with a piece of glass in the way?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8043
I have not used the speaker tweakers, but SecondSkin Damplifier Pro is the best mat I have ever used.

We used to carry (very little) Hushmat and the SS kills it. I have about 15sqft of SS Damplifier Pro in each of my front doors and the only rattle I have is the map pocket (came loose the other day from 146ish at 38hz, nothing a little CA-glue won't fix). One layer of SS is pretty VERY near equal to 2 layers of Hushmat from what I have seen.

We did 1 layer to the trunk lid in a customers LeSabre w/ 3 DD1512s and 2 DDm1a awhile back and the results were amazing. He is killing the car, but trunk lid is ok for now, lol. Got another customer w/ 2 DD2512 on an M2a and REALLY needs some mat. He called yesterday asking if we had some spare CA-glue so he could glue his tail-lights back together. 146++ daily out of a 4-door trunk car tends to cause that...lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14206
^good stuff there

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
man i gota get some of that stuff, no rattles would be SO much better than how it is now. what would you guys recommend me matting?

i drive a jeep cherokee sport, 4 door. should i be fine with just the front doors and the back hatch matted?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us