Sub not working correctly?

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 185
bought an icon the other day from someone and my icon seems to be.... just not performing near its capability id imagine. I believe its just not doing what its capable of doing. on the steady beats its generally "ok" but everytime theres a solid hit it goes KRRKRR kina like the sound you here when u push down and up and down just with ur hands, but worse... its getting worse i think to. i cant really descrive the sound, it sounds as if maybe a voice coil is hitting something? It just sounds realy bad and i have to turn it down even though i know it should be just fine at the kind of volume im putting it on. the box isnt made for it but it still shouldnt be doing this, the box builder confirmed this with me and heard it to, said to sell it asap before it blows.... this is a well made sub so t preowner must have really fed with it, what could it be doing?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13669
sounds like a damaged coil.
I'd contact the seller and get your money back.

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 194
DA MN it, that mofa naw he seems like that type that would say sorry bro u musta done somethin to it. crap... now ill have to do the same thing and resell it sigh

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1094
i remember you posting before about how much you loved it. it couldn't have been doing that before or you wouldn't have given it the review that you did. it must have been something that you did to it. do not try to push it off on someone else as a perfectly working sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13681
return it or contact the manufacturer and see if it can be rebuilt.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1810
"everytime theres a solid hit it goes KRRKRR kina like the sound you here when u push down and up and down just with ur hands"

If you heard a rubbing sound by pushing it down then you should have known that it wasn't good in the first place. By running it like that it will get worse. Either the coil is unraveling or the motor and or former shifted somehow. Did you test the coils recently to make sure they test right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us