No radio code displayed - 0000

Username: Billbrowngr

Post Number: 1
Hi

I recently fitted a CD radio from a Renault Scenic 03 to to 1999 Scenic. One lot plug was different so I cut the wires then connected them up again - being carefult to connect the right colours.

I did a system reset by holding buttons 2 and 5 in when I switched on - and it seemed to work (radio, CD and column controls.

BUT - it beeps every few seconds, which I think indicates that it needs the code. The dis play does not show 0000 next to the time and temp display and I have changed the bulb behind the display and it works.

I have tried entering the code using the digits 1 to 4 (the number of times for the code then buttons 5 (and also tried 6). I have also tried to enter using the thumbreel and the enter button on the stalk - even though I can't see anything on the display.

Nothing has worked - can someone help?

Bill

Silver Member
Username: Hay88

Post Number: 896
hi bill what model have you got.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the quick reply hay88

It is a Tuner List - Model No 22DC278/62R
ProD No FD0303/20043315
OTHER NUMBERS - T0Q699
8200150474TQ699
8200 150 474 -B

Cheers

Bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 898
the code 9355
The Code number is entered by using the remote steering controls, and not through the buttons on the fascia
Please note that code entry is only possible when a numbers is flashing in the seperate display. If the display continually shows "WAIT" then the unit may be codelocked and will need to be left switched on up for up to two hours to reset before another code entry attempt is possible
Code Entry as Follows:

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
Press " " On The Stalk Control To Enter
" 0000 "
Rotate " Thumbwheel " For Correct Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And }}HOLD " " Until A Beep Is Heard

Silver Member

Post Number: 899
the code 9355
The Code number is entered by using the remote steering controls, and not through the buttons on the fascia
Please note that code entry is only possible when a numbers is flashing in the seperate display. If the display continually shows "WAIT" then the unit may be codelocked and will need to be left switched on up for up to two hours to reset before another code entry attempt is possible
Code Entry as Follows:

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE "
" 0000 "
If the correct code number is now shown
Press And}} HOLD " " Until A Beep Is Heard

Post Number: 3
Thanks for that - my problem is that nothing is being displayed - no messages or codes or anything. I have tried entering the code blind - but no joy

Bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 902
when trying blind it goes 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This radio is designed to fit Renault vehicles that utilise a seperate display on the dashboard. It cannot be used in other vehicles that do not have this seperate display fitted
have you tryed leaving it turn on untouched for 2 hours to see if it can reset itself.

note the radio does not lockout after a wrong code entry it only doubles the time to wait before
the next retry...if a wrong code is entered it will display error then after the delay should display "0000")

Post Number: 4
I have left it turned for a few hours - when it is switched on the radion/cd plays but beeps every few seconds. After about 90 seconds the sound goes off.

I have tried to enter the code blind again with no joy - it just changes stations when I am turning the thumbwheel and continues to bleep.

It is really frustrating with no display to indicate what is happening.

I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks again

Bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 908
bill this may be the reason but i dont think that model. is
If you are trying to fit this radio to a different vehicle, then you may find yourself with annoying BEEP
every few seconds. As well as having a conventional Radio Security Code number,
this stereo is also electronically paired, or "Married" to the engine management system
of the vehicle it came out of using very sophisticated VAN-BUS system technology
your can try but only if it was in the car from the begining
leave turned on untouched for as long as it takes to reset itself
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us