Box help

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 167
i need someone to help find the cubic feet and what its tuned to. This is a dual 12 box but ill just give the one side. its an aero port or flare port.
bottom depth 15.75", top depth 12.75", height 12", width 14.25", port length 12.25", port diameter 3.7/8", port white material "thickness" 1/8"

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 168
and those are all inside dimensions

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1090
that would 2.73 cubic feet after port displacement
tuned to roughly 26hz i think
that is not enough port area though and it is tuned way too low
you might want to consider using two ports

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 172
2.73?? are u sure man? someone on caraudio.com was telling me the complete opposite saying that its 1 cu ft tuned to 40hz

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 173
sigh, im very confused now, so can someone else please tell me what they come up with

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16308
im lazy to check it but u can figure it out on ur using : ...

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 174
there is a wood wall in the middle of the box... aka 2 seperate enclosures basically.. i think ur thinking the 2 sides are connected or something

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 153
that wood in the middle is meant to seal off each sub.. so that 2.73 is the total and if you divide that by 2 then you get the amount to each chamber to each sub
but looking at the dimensions i can say 2.73 is much too big and that white thing is called pvc pipe.
not a good box honestly, you would want another pipe in there, but the box seems too small to be ported, it has the size of a small sealed box for 2 12s

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13593
the following link has everything required to figure box volume and port tuning
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm

If you e-mail Perry (the site owner of BCAE) to say thanks, tell him I said hi. He's a great guy

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1091
if they are separate chambers then each chamber would be 1.33 after port displacement tuned to roughly 37 hz

i was thinking it was a single chamber with one port. that was the reason for the numbers i posted earlier.

and yeah, most likely that box is too small to be ported. i would try to remove the pvc ports and seal up the holes if i were you.

Silver Member

Michigan

Post Number: 175
yea man... actually thats exactly what i was doing this morning, just nailing some wood over the outside port hole lol. im like screw this.. the previous ownder i bought the stuff from said the guy he bought it from was doing competetions LOL. i just go o ok...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us