DD 3515e's

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2213
I'm picking up my pair tomorrow afternoon... All I need now is some nice power and time to build a box...

So what's up? I don't get around here much but E looks pretty dead to me lately. I don't see many of the old members around.

Gold Member

United States

Post Number: 2214
Forgot the whole point of this thread... I need some box Ideas, if anyone knows what kind of space/tuning these subs need. I'm not planning on doing any comps or anything, just a loud daily set up. It's going in the back seat area of a dodge ram quad cab.

Gold Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 1003
we usually do 4 to 4.5 each @ 38hz dd 3515, turns out excellent

Gold Member

United States

Post Number: 2215
how's it do on the lows?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
with the DDs you can tune higher like that and still get hammering lows

i dont know what it is about them but they sure will lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1005
you can do 4.5 each after dis, @ 36 and youll be surprized on the lows

Gold Member

United States

Post Number: 2216
hmm... I'm just debating because in the past I've had a pair of 9512s, and the 32hz box vs. a 40hz at DD specs was no comparison....the 32 was far better. I don't want to go too high with the tuning, but at the same time I don't want to go too low with them. I've also got to decide on the sub/port placement in the truck. Last set up in the truck was subs up/ports up.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 151
i built a custom box for my old dd 3512 with a 9500 motor the box was 3.1 cu ft after port and sub displacement tuned to 38.2 hz. It was honestly the perfect sound, now of course if you tune lower to 32 or so hz you will really get some lows but the rest wont be so good. at 38 i had a very balanced sound. i could do a hairtrick with just the 1 12 tuned that high, it was nothing special, but im just saying dd subs do wonderful in higher tuned boxes.
I also had another box maybe around 3.4 cu ft tuned to 28 hz and it really really really hit lows but nothing else sounded too good.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 152
dd doesnt seem to give the best specs, you can go higher than what they suggest in cu ft wise, and a bigger box is going to drop down into the lows better because of its size
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us