Batteries?

Bronze Member
Username: Vincent_law

Ca

Post Number: 20
can some give me some names of better batteries.. othen then Optma yellow and red i got the red one now and it sucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 62
Kinetik, Duralast, Stinger, Tsunami, PowerMaster, Odyssey, Sears die hard gold and platinum series.

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 153
go with sears and mabe a kinetic, that's your best bet.

at least that's what others on this forum suggest. how many are you looking for? and cant you just keep your red top for your starter battery?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 717
The red top battery doesn't suck at all. The one I have is rated for 800 CCA and it pushes over 1100, even after being in my car for over a year now. Its a starting battery, nothing more. Yellow tops are going to be deep cycle, but for car audio, you want a faster discharging one like the ones listed above. Red tops do great for the job they are intended to do.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3143
I would go with Stinger, PowerMaster, Odyssey. I have a odyssey and i love it.

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 22
you think i need 2? if so can i run a different brand?

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3146
What are you running?

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 23
two 15's on a jl 1000/1 and a 600 watt amp i know it's not much. but my car was dead one day and to day when i was at work it started to die but i had a batteries charger so i save it and have not turned on my system now i have on a trickle charger.... any how do you think two could help? the alt is covered...300 amp H.O. but my car has lots of electronics.

Gold Member

SoCal

Post Number: 3147
You should'nt need 3 batt for that amount of power. Have you done the big 3? What kind of wire are you running?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13566
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/goodbadugly.html

batteries are toward the bottom, below "wiring"

the red top is a starter battery. not a deep cycle.
what you want is a battery isolator (300A) and something like a Kinetik 2400 or similar deep cycle battery dedicated for audio, and isolated from the starter battery. This way you can run the deep cycle battery into the ground playing the stereo, and your car will still start right up so you can recharge the deep cycle.

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 24
one more thing if you are not using your car is it better to unconnected the batterie or to leave in on a trickle charge?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16302
i use power master xs power in my ride with 0 problems .....

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 25
ok i did some reading... so what i have now is a starter batterie and i need deep cycle. if i get a deep cycle batterie can i use them both in the car or will serve little use?

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 146
the red top is indeed a starting batter. and mostly meant for like jeeps that use a winch. thats what its called right?
you will only want to run the deep cycle. connect your amps to the deep cycle and as glasswolf said use the battery isolator on that battery.
im not quite sure at all but i believe if you do connect the jl 1000/1 to both batts they would act as a capacitor to each other and not get the performance you need.
though im sure there are many errors in what i just said, but the point would be to run the amps on the deep cycle

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4315
xspower batteries are top of the line, they are great for a starter battery and a battery for your system,. i run 2 d3100s on 12,000 watts lol.(burps) they perform very well for me.i also can play music all day in it with no voltage issues.

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 147
wow those d31s work that good? theres a guy on craigslist local to me selling 2 of them for 200 so me and my friend are gonna split it and keep 1 each. thats good news, all i run is my small eclipse amp and a sundown sae-1200d

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13569
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/battiso.html

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4316
they are great for my application. i do short burps 3 secs.. with them and they handle it well. for a pure daily setup they also do very well i think stock plus a d3100 and a good alty and you would be set. upgrading all wire of course

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14124
dont discount those platinum batteries from sears they are odysseys in disguise except a good bit cheaper

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 78
Not to jack the thread, but i am just wondering, if there is a certain size i need for a batt, or say what does the 2400 mean on like a kinetik, why is this better than the lower ones, just trying to figure a few things out before i invest in a new batt, im running a fi ssd on a kicker zx1000.1 on a stock duralast red top in a 98 passat

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13599
Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell
2400 Watts, 12 Volt High Current Power Cell
(200Ah)

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?P=KHC2400&C=1

battery calculator
http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/powercalc.asp

essentially, the battery can supply a peak amount of current, for a specific period of time. The more current drawn, the shorter that time will be. You need to know the peak current draw from your combined amplifiers, determine how long you need the system to last on batteries, and calculate based on that current and time, to find the Ah rating for the batteries.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13601
How do I choose the correct Kinetik Power Cell for my application?
Kinetik makes choosing a Kinetik Power Cell simple. We made our model numbers equal to the wattage needed for your vehicle. For peak performance and the maximum lifespan of all electrical equipment in your car, simply add up the total wattage needed including all amplifiers, lights, winches, video and all other electronics and make sure the model numbers add up the same amount. Allow from 800 to 1200 watts to run the vehicle depending on the electrical requirements if you are replacing the under hood battery also. For example; a car with a stock 90 amp alternator can use up to 1200 watts to run the factory equipment already in the vehicle (90 amps x 13.6 volts = 1224 watts). Remember, there is a reason the factory put that size alternator in the vehicle in the first place and it was not so you could have extra power to run your aftermarket equipment! You must add power if you increase the demand. If you add a 1000 watt amp and a 200 watt 4 channel amplifier and allow 1200 watts to run the car then make sure the Kinetik model numbers add up to 2400. 1200+1000+200=2400. Assuming you are replacing the starting battery with a Kinetik Power Cell, install the size that best fits the space (for example an 1800) and add the rest of the 2400 needed to the rear near the amplifier (a 600). In this car a KHC1800 and a KHC600 add up to 2400 watts total and the car should have plenty of power assuming everything else is working properly.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13603
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/batteries/index.htm

Just for you.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14135
correction kinetik 2400 128 ah

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4317
kinetiks are on the lower end of the high end battery totem pole, id put xs power, northstar,batcap 4000 all easily above the 2400

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13606
I'm still not fond of xStatic batcaps for combining a car battery with a high ESR capacitor and trying to convince people it was a good idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us