Need help choosing a box!!!

Anonymous
I am planning on getting 2 12 inch alpine type r's, a JBL BP1200.1 amp, and maybe a box like this: http://www.subzoneusa.com/images/bp212.jpg

Dual 12" Bandpass 3/4" MDF Box w/ Plexiglass Windows - 0.96cf/0.76cf per sub
14 1/2"h x 18"d x 34 1/4"w

Should I get a bandpass box like that or should I just get a regular vented one? Or maybe even just a sealed one? I am mostly interested in spl but i want them to last for a long time too. By the way, I am horrible at woodwork and would not be able to build one myself.

Anonymous
go with this one

Anonymous
That box is nice, i would get that one

motoman22
Those generic prefabricated bandpass enclosures drive me nuts. Let me try and explain why..

Bandpass enclosures are a work of art from an engineering point of view. They are second only to Wave Guide 'enclosures' when it comes to needed precision and unforgiving nature. In short, there is NO SUCH THING as a generic bandpass box that works for several different subs. Period, period, period.

Designing a bandpass box starts by studying the TS parameters of the driver which will be used. As you should well know, small differences in these parameters can mean big differences in response charachteristics. Not so noticable in sealed boxes, quite noticable in ported boxes, day and night difference when you are dealing with a multi-chambered ported enclosure such as a bandpass.

ASK ANY DRIVER MANUFACTURER IF THEY RECOMMEND USING A GENERIC PREFAB BANDPASS BOX, THEY WILL SAY NO.

Bandpass boxes have their benefits and they also have their pitfalls. The only way you can have the benefits outweigh the pitfalls is to have the enclosure designed around YOUR subs.

Sorry guys, it's the truth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us