Wanted: BIG 10" or 12" woofer(s)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3049
So Im changing up the ranger a bit, im sick and tired of big boxes. I'm looking to do 1 single 10" or 12' that will handle 4000w-5000w DAILY. I will consider 2 10"s as well that will handle 2kw+ each. Looking for something used to keep the cost down, but will consider something new.

If anyone can even recommend me some subs to look for that would cool. so far this is the list of stuff I have been considering (if anyone thinks a woofer I have on the list is a bad idea, let me know why, would be much appreciated).

btw I have 4kw @ 2 ohm, 5kw @ 1 ohm, and 6kw @ 0.5 ohm. so with the right coils I would like to run 4kw daily and rewire to 6kw for burps. but if i had to wire to 1 ohm I would likely have to leave it at that for daily and burps. (2 rd 1750v2 strapped)

12" BTL fully loaded
A 4hp based woofer (probably something custom)
A pair of 3hp's (again probably something custom)
12" T3 TNSN
12" Treo SSX or maybe the CSX?
2 10" AQ hdc3 w/ alum coils
2 10" DD 3500
12" DC lvl 5
12" RD HW
10" or 12" apx/x
2 10" Alpha's
2 10" Atomic ELE's

I'm really starting to lean towards a BTL, they aren't overly expensive, and i remember people running 4kw to the older version. anyont think this would be a bad idea? or if I should get something different? anyone know what a 12" re mt can handle daily? im trying to stay away from pure spl woofers, as usually the gap is really tight and I dont wanna be reconing subs every month just because I wanna put some juice through a woofer on music every day.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16257
well they dont make ELE in 10" & their 12" has a rather insane 50hz Fs so u can scratch ele's out

imo id pick 2 10s - how about Treo ssx they come in 10" too http://www.treoonline.com/ssx.html

or the AQ\DD wud be my choices ...

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3050
I swore they made the ELE's in 10", but i just checked again and they dont. thanks for the heads up!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2237
2 Fi BL 10s with the right options may fit your bill. The old btls I used to run handled 4k fine if you're smart about it.
Also 2 10s could give you an advantage over 1 12 depending on the organization and class you plan to compete in.

I was looking at an SMD 15 and the AA website says it can fit in 2ft, seems really small to me- not sure what you're looking for but it would take the 4kw fine.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1075
im pretty sure that SMD is pretty pricey. it does look like a monster though

there is a re mt 12" for sale on caraudio.com somewhere.
it might take 4k daily

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3057
I actually picked up 4 12' sonances. idk what the heck im thinking lol. I think im gonna build separate boxes for each sub or maybe just 2 seperate boxes, then I can drop a sub or so to meet certain class regulations, and it will be easier to manage when building and installing. and these subs are efficient enough to be run off only one of my amps, so again I can enter lower classes and drop an amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16275
wow

talk about taking a 180 turn ...

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1083
ha thats what i was thinking
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums