Archive through April 21, 2009

Username: Slider2828

Post Number: 1
Hey Skater you are the man. I had a question.

I have a matrix 50.5x and in the afternoon I can get into the sysmtem learn mode. But for the life of me I can' now... Is there anyway to factory reset ths sucker? Thanks

-ken

Silver Member
Username: Skater_bum

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 309
Kenneth,

The only way that I know of to factory reset the unit is to send it back to the factory. The older Clifford units used to have an option to do that but not the newer ones.

Username: Willn2lickit

Skater,

Seems like your the man with links to manuals. I'm looking for a manual for a
Clifford remote. On the back it says RPN 479v/p/x,2(66)codes,FCC ID:EZSDE1478.
I would really appreciate any help. Thanx

Username: Graham16v

Post Number: 7
Hi Skater Bum,

I need to adjust the shock sensor on my friends Arrow 5 alarm.

Do u know how to do it or do have the manual for this model.

Thanks

Graham

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 311
Graham16v,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Arrow 5:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/clifford/N909595_08-04.pdf

Username: Jayzte

Post Number: 2
Does any one have installation guide for Clifford falcon 2/II?

My email: crashboat@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot!

Jay

Username: Graham16v

Post Number: 8
Thanks Skater Bum.

Username: Kreatura

Anyone got any suggestions on using the cliffnet wizard cable with a usb converter? I know it is said that it won't work, BUT it did work with me for some time... now I've changed laptops and it doesn't work anymore. Before I remember something like asigning the right comm port to the usb to serial converter, in the system hardware manager.....but that doesn't do the trick this time.....
anyone...anyone.... ???

Username: Tctrjeep

Post Number: 9
Did you happen to change OS when you changed laptops? Wizard won't work with Vista, and only the latest version (2.20) will work with XP.

Most of the USB-to-Serial converters are a real pain to work with. Some of them that work well under XP don't work well under Vista. That may also be your issue.

Username: Tctrjeep

Post Number: 10
I meant to say that some what work well under pre-XP don't work well under XP, and some that work under XP don't work well under Vista.

Yes, I actually did switch to Vista.... I'm going to try it again tomorrow with a XP based laptop.... will let you know how that went....

Username: Gatorsong

I'm installing the avantguard 5.1 into my 2004 s2000. I'm stuck on how to connect the wires on the door lock system. The s2000 has a factory keyless entry module.

If you look at the wiring diagram http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img =241360
you will notice there is the power unlock and power lock wires. This is where I'm stuck at. I dont know which type of door lock system (my guess is reverse polarity) or if there is a special way to connect the alarm wires to the keyless module in my car.

Any help is appreciated

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 313
Song Tran,

From the look of the diagram that you posted, the locks are reverse polarity.

Just to double check since this alarm isn't an easy job.

I want to connect H2/1 to and H2/2 to the pink/black wire

H2/4 and H2/5 to the yellow/green wire.

of course i have to make sure the master switch and the motor is connect correctly (i'm going to use a multimeter to check)

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 314
Song Tran,

As long as you follow the directions on pages 23 and 24 of the installation guide:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/clifford/N919640_11-06post.pdf

you should be fine. You may have to 5-wire the PINK/BLUE wire as well.

Post Number: 3
Thanks a lot skater bum. I'm going to start on the installation tomorrow. I give you my results in a few days or ask for my help if I do get stuck again. I think everything is pretty much straight forward now.

Username: Nemisisuk

UK

Hiya all, a question for anyone, what is the jack plug on the wizard interface cable used for? it looks like a 2.5mm audio female jack plug.
Thanks in advance

Username: Nemisisuk

UK

Skater Bum ref the question above have you an idea what it is used for?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 316
Chris Edge,

I do not know. I have one of the original CliffNet cables and mine does not have the jack you speak of.

Post Number: 4
I decided to let a professional to install my alarm, but the installer is stuck on getting the remote start to work. Not sure if it's the immobilizer bypass or the actual intellistart module itself. He tried to use another immobilizer bypass and still couldn't get it working. I think he also try leaving the key in the ignition and it still wouldn't work.

The order that it goes through when the remote start is press.

1) the dash board lights goes on just like when i turn the key.
2)the ignition doesn't crank (no sound from anything)

Any clue?

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 317
Song Tran,

Did the Installer program the Tach Signal? Does he have the Starter output wire of the unit going to the car side of the starter wire and not the key side? Is the factory alarm system bypassed when remote starting?

Post Number: 5
Skater,

I'm not sure the answer to the questions you ask. I will ask him when i drop my car off tomorrow. I would assume it has done all the things you said since he is a dei certified guy and he been doing install for 8 years. I remember him mentioning trying the other side of the starter wire so he has tried both side.

My guess would be the key sense wire needs to be activated in my car before the immobilizer reads the code correctly. I really think it has something to do with the immobilizer because the engine is not even cranking.

Post Number: 6
Ok he got the remote start to work. I have one final question. My car is a manual and i got this alarm cause the has safe start. For some reason i still can start the car without doing safe start. Do you think he connected the wire for auto/manual transmission? or is there some programming i have to do?

Bronze Member
Username: Sweepdoggy

Post Number: 26
The female jack is 12v input so you can bench test your alarm,

Bronze Member
Username: Sweepdoggy

Post Number: 27
Song he has prob has it set to an auto, all you would have to do is ground one wire to set it to auto!

Username: Azouts

Hi,

I installed a Clifford Matrix 12.5X alarm and I have the following problem:

When I lock the car with the key button I cannot unlock it with the alarm remote.

The car is a Toyota MR2 mk3.

Is that normal?
Is something wrong with the connection?

Regards

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 319
Az,

This is normal. You should always use the alarm remote to lock/arm and unlock/disarm the system. Do not use the factory remote controls or door keypad. The Clifford system will not arm or disarm without the use of the alarm remote control.

One more question.

I was interested in installing the Power Window Module along with the Clifford Matrix 12.5X on the Toyota MR2 spider and I was told by the dealer that it cannot be done.

Is that true?

He said that my windows have a + - polarity operation (something like that) and the module does not support it but I am not sure if that is true.

Regards
AZ

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 320
Az,

What year is the MR2?

2000, mk3

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 322
Az,

It should be possible. What model of window module are you using?

Username: Darknight7777777

Uk

hi skaterbum,

i asked you a little while ago for a clifford intelliguard 950 alarm uk version and you replied as to not being able to get hold of one. i was wondering if you could see if you could get one again. Also i am after a clifford concept 650 g5 wiring diagram.i dont mind paying for the intelliguard one if any one else has it.
thanks
ash

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 329
Ash Draven,

I checked again for the Intelliguard 950 and all they have is an Owner's manual. As for the Concept 650, they have the Owner's manual but no install manual. The have both the install and Owner's guide for the Concept 650 MKII if that helps? I do have the installation guide for the Concept 650 but it is at home and I am currently away on business. If that one would work for you, let me know and I will send it once I return home.

Uk

hi skater bum,
i think the concept 650 mkII install manual should be fine. i don't know what to do about the intellguard one might have to sell the alarm and get another one as this goes in my personal car.
thanks
ash

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 330
Ash Draven,

Here's a link to the installation guide for the Concept 650 MKII:

http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/clifford/4291973011_Clifford_Concept_6 50_MKII_Installation_Guide(UK).pdf

If you want the install guide for the 650, send me your email address.

Uk

skater bum,
i just tried the link but it take me straight to the directed website asking me to login. could you email it to me: darknight7777777@yahoo.co.uk

thanks
ash

Uk

I am fitting a conecept 650 alarm to a fiat punto mk2 2005 it has a built in engine immobiliser which works of the transponder in the key. My question is will intellistart still work or if not is there anyway round it but still keeping the original immobiliser also.

thanks for any help

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 331
Ash Draven,

The IntelliStart should work fine with it as long as you have a transponder bypass module. The module will only bypass the transponder when remote started so it will keep your factory security system intact.

Username: Rossdagley

Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire UK

Hey Skater Bum :-)

I need to adjust sensitivity and a few other settings of my 650 with the cliffnet software, but having not used it in years, I have since upgraded my laptop and dont have the copy of the Pro installer version of the software. It seems I cant access the installer features I need to access to stop my alarm triggering - can you possibly PM me and enlighten me where I might be able to resolve my issues? Thanks in advance.

Ross

Ash Driven - the alternative if you dont have a bypass module is to remove the transponder from one of the keys, and glue it to the barrel.

Username: Chrisevans85

hi can you help i am traying to wire the indicater to my clifford 650 mk2 on my bmw e46 2001 uk car but thay wont work can you help thanks

Username: Bionic51

Skater Bum

Any chance on a copy of Clifnet Wizard Installer ed.

Greatly appreciated!!!!!

bionic51@cox.net

Username: Browuk

Skater Bum

Could you send me a copy of Clifnet Wizard Installer ed please.

Thanks in advance

dave@browuk.plus.com

Username: Browuk

Skater Bum
Just wanted to say thanks for sending me clifnet wizard installer, much appreciated, thanks

Username: Te17

skater bum

could you please email me a copy of clifnet wizard installer ed please, and also the installation manual for the concept 650 mk2 as the link takes us to a login page ,

thanks in advance

r_redfern_86@hotmail.com

Username: Duker996

UK

Richard Redfern

I found when u copy n paste the link for the clifford concept 650 mk2 a space appears between the 6 and the 50 in ur address bar. If u delete the space so its 650 instead of 6 50 it shud work fine. And remeber to include "(UK).pdf " when copyin.

Username: D1shabba

BirminghamUk

hi im new
just wondering if anybody can send me a copy of the cliffnet wizard version 2.2
my e-mail d1shaz@hotmail.co.uk
many thnaks

Username: D1shabba

BirminghamUk

thanks skater bum, but the software won't work on my pc says it has a problem is it because i am using vista

Username: N25gabe

hi skater bum, i really hope you can help.
I am trying to install my clifford concept 600 (UK) in my new car (its been in the attic for about 3 years) Can you get hold of the installers manual, ive looked through and begun the install with the US version but there are some differences in wiring :-( if you have a link to the uk version i would be extremely grateful. The alrm also has the intelistart, which i am trying to install on a diesel, the actual alarm requires the tach wire to go to... as its a diesel do you know wether I can pick up a signal wire from the car or do i have to buy a tacho sense accessory?
Cheers
n25gabe}

there are a lot of manuals available here, http://guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/Clifford-Electronics/
i also found http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/clifford/concept600hol_install.pdf if you compare page 5 on the us version and this one you can see some wires are similar others not, dutch/uk have two pins missing off the 12pin connector. Problem with dutch one... its in dutch! if anyone has an uk version i would really appreciate a copy/link

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 348
M Cieloch,

The only installation guide that I can find on DEI's website is for the Concept 600 US version. They have the Owner's Manual for the 600UK but not the install.

Thanks for looking skater bum, im getting there with the install, been going through stupid amounts of wiring diagrams over the last few days, and working between the us and dutch version the alarm is almost finished

Skater bum

I've still not maganged to get hold of a copy of the pro installer for my concept 650, and I really need to change a few settings. Is there any chance you could help me locate a copy?

Thanks!

Ross

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 349
Ross Dagley-Cleworth,

Send me your email address and I'll email you what I have. The only thing is that CliffNet Wizard Pro Version 2.20 only works with Win XP. There is no version that works with Vista yet and I don't know if DEI has any plans on making one either.

Username: Spinner123

Hi there can anyone email me the clifford concept 650mk2 installation guide and the cliffnet pro software to spinnnner123@googlemail.com
many thanks really appreciate this

Username: Sparkzter

Hi Skater Bum,

ive been trying to get in to my Consept 600 for the last few weeks...i bought the truck with no valet code..the current fob is working ok ..but i cant get in on the current versions of cliffnet or cliffnet pro to add an extra fob

ive been doing a lot of digging and im told that an older version of cliffnet will allow me to change the valet code?...the big problem is i cant find a copy!...can you help??

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 350
garry anderson,

Send me your email address and I'll send you version 1.20. This is the one that I use because my system is a G4 and not a G5. G4 likes the older version of the software for some reason.

UK

Thanks Skater Bum,

your a ledgend...however i tried the file you emailed thru and i have the same problem... i just get as far as the 'must enter valet code' screen and can do nothing other than guess a number!...i was lead to believe the earlier software could get around this..but i just cant figure out how

thanks again,

Garry

Hi Skater Bum,
Is it possible you could mail me the earlier version too? my c600 is g4 so hopefully will be a bit more reliable.
n25gabe@yahoo.co.uk

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 351
garry anderson,

You may need an earlier version of the cable itself. I have one of the original cables and I have never been asked to enter a valet code. The ones that seem to be giving people problems are the cables with the jack on them. Mine doesn't have this jack.

M Cieloch,

Check your email.

UK

Hi Skater Bum,

AHA!...its the lead thats to blame!...that makes sence, your right mine is the one with the plug...im guessing obtaining the older lead type is gong to be next to impossable?...

then again i guess all i have to do is get the code changed using one of the older leads then i will be able to use my later lead as i will know the code...

you have been a great help Skater Bum,

Many thanks

Garry Anderson

Username: L14m_np

Hi Skater Bum. I am fitting a used Clifford Concept 650 G5 to my car and the siren will not sound or chirp (I have multi metred it and its getting power) I do not have the 5 button remote (I am getting one shortly), only the 4 button. Do you think the siren has been muted in the menu and is the only way to reactivate it with the 5 button fob or using Cliffnet Wiz?

I also have a couple more questions for you RE this alarm, as you seem to be the guy in the know! Let me know if it's OK to PM you or something please dude.

Thanks in advance, Liam

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 353
Liam Waites,

Does the siren work when the alarm is triggered? If so, you might just have the chirps turned off in programming. If it does sound at all, then the siren may be defective. I would try installing a different siren to see if that is the problem.

Username: Directjg

Hey guys! Long time follower of this forum but just registered! I need a copy of Cliffnet Installer.. Can any of you help with this?

o2accord@aol.com

Thanks!

Username: Tbadhesha

Skater, do you have the Cliffnet 2.2 software and also where can I get the data cable?
Thanks in advance.

Tag
tbadhesha@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 356
Tag Badhesha,

I've got CliffNet Wizard 2.2 but if you buy the cable from www.clifford.com, it comes with the software.

Username: Cliffy

London, UK UK

Hi can someone please send me the clifford pro installer software

Th downloads from cliffords site r not working for me

neil_warren9@hotmail.com

thanks
Neil

London, UK UK

Also has anyone used the clifford software with vista and a serial to usb adapter??

Any tips on thi ould be helpful aswel

thanks again
Neil

London, UK UK

thanks for the program, Skater

Neil

Username: J4s0n

hi
could anyone please send me the clifford pro installer software

and if anyone knows if i can work anything with vista as i cannot seem to connect it com ports are on 1 i get error and it says cannot load wizzard driver

jason@ukautosalvage.com

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 358
JASON HOWARD,

Check your email.

Skater Bum
many thanks for your help
cheers
Jason

Username: Golfmad

DoverUk

Skater bum, Hi I was using my cliffnet wizard on my concept 300 and looking at the settings when my pc crashed. I rebooted but now The 4 digit valet code is not correct and I can't get into the softwear, any ideas?
could I also have a copy of the pro installer please?
cheers Mike

mb.golfmad@virgin.net

Hi ya'll,
I have just installed a Clifford Avantguard 5 on a 1999 Honda CRV. Can anyone tell me how to bypass the factory key transponder system in order to make the remote start(Intellistart) work?
Do I need an additional interface and if I do , which one??

Hi Rudy. If you're transponder is in the key, you may be able to take the key apart and remove it, then glue the transponder to the ignition barrel - thats how i got mine working :-) Simple and best of all, free.

Hi Ross, I usually do that with other cars too, like VW or BMW. Those keys can easily be taken apart and then the transponder can be removed and glued. However, this Honda key needs to be cut open and I prefer to keep the key as it is. Furthermore, it looks like the factory transponder unit needs to get sort of a pulse before you start the engine, because even with the original key inserted the engine won't start with the remote... maybe I need to put the start pulse on a 5 sec. timer or something....

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 361
Rudy,

The module you need is a PKALL made by DEI.

Hi Skater bum..... and will the xk05 do the trick too? ( because I just oredered that one from ebay....)

Username: Golfmad

DoverUk

Hi Skater bum thanks for the softwear

cheers

mike

Username: Jay7792

Hi Skater bum, can you please email me a copy of the Clifford Concept 650 MK11 wiring diagram, I have tried all of the links above but all of them take me to the log in page.

My email address is:

jayjenkins7792@yahoo.co.uk

I would very much appreciate your help.

Jay

Username: Marguerite

Ireland

hi can somebody email me a copy of the installation manual for clifford concept 650mk11 pleasE

margueritekehoe@eircom.net

Ireland

Wow that was quick
thanks Skater Bum

Username: Slarty

Hi Skater, any chance of a copy of Cliffnet Wizard Pro 2.2 slarty755@msn.com
Many thanks :-)

Hi, I just finished installing a Avantguard 5.1 and wanted to connect it to the Cliffnet Pro2.2 software..... however.... this system is not recognized by it...
Is there a new version of the Pro Wizard available (skater bum??)

Also I tried to programm a 5.1 remote to an Avantguard 5 module, but that won't work either. The system recognizes the first press of the button, but not the second. Does anyone know why DEI made these units different??

Username: Slarty

Thanks Skater Bum

Ireland

hi skater bum can you email me a copy of the clifnet wizzard pro 2.2
thanks a lot
margueritekehoe@eircom.net

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 365
rudy,

I just checked DEI's site and version 2.20 is still the current version.

As for the 5.1 remote on the 5, I don't think that it is backward compatible.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 366
MARGUERITE KEHOE,

Check your email.

Hi Skater Bum,
I wonder why DEI has done that: NOT making the AG5 and AG5.1 remotes backwards compatible, because the G4 and G5 were backward compatible... and as far as I can see the AG5 central unit and the 5.1 unit are exactly the same....

eversince DEI took over Clifford the Clifford products lost some of their edge...

about the Wizard.... any idea if and when DEI will come up with an update which does feature the AG5.1?

Also, I have been reading about the release of a Avantguard 5.5X eversince 2005, but still I haven't seen it on the market. The dutch distributor even posted a complete PDF on their website about it. Do you know anything about this system? Is it a hoax, or is it really coming and when?

hi Skater bum
is it posable to send me the instalion manual for the concept 300 (and 650 please as i have one to fit to a jeep cherokee please) as i have this on an mx5 and cannot output to door locking there is no pulse from the wires (think green/orange) have checked it in the wizzard and it is turned on i know i need a relay but i cannot find any output with a multimeter and ideas? any help gladly appreciated

J4son , for the 650:
U'll need to check the H5 connector (3 pin connector ) with the green en blue wires

http://www.guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/Clifford-Electronics/Concept -650-Installation-Manual.pdf

hi Rudy
thankyou for that however it is the concept 300 i am having the locking problems with the wires come directly from the brain but the 650 wiring is great i can start to fit that i just looked and found out it is the mk2 will the wiring be the same
regards
Jason

Post Number: 9
Hi J4s0n, I only have the dutch version for the concept 300, but maybe combining the concept200 and 400 manuals will do the trick for ya
Concept 200 http://guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/Clifford-Electronics/concept200_ install.pdf

Concept 400 http://guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/Clifford-Electronics/concept400_ install.pdf

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 368
J4SON,

What's your email address? I'll email everything that I've got on the 300, 650 and 650 MKII.

hi Skater Bum my email is jason@ukautosalvage.com any ideas on the concept 300 not giving a pulse on the door lock wires i have tried in the wizzard to turn on and off and made sure its pos pulse many thanks for your help
Jason

Post Number: 10
The doorlock wires on the concept 300 are gray/orange and gray/green. Are u absolutley sure there is no pulse on these (positive or negative)??
If they are connected to anything now, try disconnecting and test for pulse again.... and make sure pin4 (20A) and pin 8 (5A) of the big connector have a good 12V input connection.
if that doesn't work, then 'm afraid an internal relay is busted...

Skater Bum many thanks yet agin true star

Rudy
again another star they where disconected will check pin 4 and 8 but everything else works fine on alarm the car had no central locking which is why i tried to get a pulse but my feeling was something broken and you have pretty much confirmed this so i guess i am stuck using a key but thankyou for trying to help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hi Skater Bum,

do you have the wiring diagram for me for a 1998 Lexus GS300??

I will be installing a Avantguard5 in it

Thanks

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 370
rudy,

What's your email address? I'll send it directly from DEI's web site.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Hi Skater bum, it's : masterkreator@hotmail.com

thanks in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us