Subwoofers wont stop playing...

Silver Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 192
Alright I just got done installing my subs in my new Blazer, but even when I turn the volume down to "0" the subs are still beating.

I hooked up 2 subs last night and they were fine, I added another amp and 2 subs today and the problem started. I double checked the wires and they all seemed legit so I am lost.

Help!!!! lol

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 672
The subs are just made to pound. Its what they love to do

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5301
Speaker wire short or mis wire..Also check rcas..unplug them then reinstall..

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 454
can we see a pic of your wiring.

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 193
I don't have access to a camera at the moment. but I have checked the RCA's I tried 3 different sets with the same result. Is it possible to be the headunit itself sending bad signals?
I noticed while I was messing with the cd player that whenever i would tap the preouts on the back the subs would hit. The harder i tapped the harder the subs would beat.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16262
im guessing the amp's gain is set too high ....

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2235
When you say the sub is still beating is it just making noise, or actually playing correctly with the music? Wiring wise check your ground and rcas very thoroughly. Make sure the exposed metal of the rcas isn't touching something in your dash or at the amp. I'd find a new place for the amp and see if that does anything either. Check that no stray strands of wire are touching the wrong thing at the amp.

If the sub is playing along with music even at a volume of 0 I'd ask if the volume adjusts much or at all when you turn things up?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13442
Jordon, is the sound the subs play when the stereo is at 0 a constant thumping? If it is, make sure the gain on the amp is set properly (not cranked to max), and make sure the ground wire for both amps is bolted to bare unpainted chassis metal.

Also try unplugging the RCA lines from the amps and see if the noise continues.

How are these two sub amps wired to the head unit? Are the amps using the RCA throughput/line-out from one amp to the second? (daisy chained) or did you use Y splitters or what?

Silver Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 194
The gain was maxxed out. I don't know how that happened since all my other settings were how I like them. At least its solved and my subs sound normal again. lol
I daisy chained the amps with another set of RCA's when I had all the subs hooked up.
Thanks for the help guys!

Silver Member
Username: Rosrock

Michigan

Post Number: 120
lol figures

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16266
i knew if everything else was ok that it had to be the gain ....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13469
and I was betting on Martians
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us