Box design...need feedback

Bronze Member
Username: Schinner

Post Number: 88
hey already got it drawn up and in winISD and sketchup. seems like good numbers but with a short port 12.5" x 2" x 11.75" will it sound good?? (including end correction factor)

its 3.99 cubes after port and sub displacement tuned at 32.5 hz...it will house 2 12" xplodes

my main concern is when i see other build logs the ports always end up being fairly long and bending around in the box, being that they are wider requiring a longer port....according to winISD the velocity out of the port shouldn't pass 14.5 m/s...
image/bmpUpload
deriks box v2 (resize).bmp (97.9 k)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
nevermind....port area should be between 12-16 in^2 per cu ft....it was at 25" total...meaning 6.25 in^2 opps...good thing we didn't build it yet

anyone know if 3.43 cubes at 32.5 hertz will work good for 2 xplods (12.75 in^2 per cu ft)?

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock

Post Number: 88
sony explodes.... those will prolly blow within a month anyways.. no offense... others here will prolly say even worse about those things

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
not mine...lol

just helping a friend who has a set

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1052
the boss, they will not blow within a month as long as you use them within their limits

thats not to say that i would hesitate to say bad things about them though because i would not. thats irrelevant though

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13382
I've actually sen Xplode subs win an SPL event. They are loud, they just aren't he best sounding subs around. That said, for an Xplod 12" pair of subs (shared chamber) I's make the box 3.6-4.4ft^3 and if it's for daily/music use, use two 4" ID ports (one per sub) (flared if you can) tuned to 28-32Hz range.

It'll play deep, be tight, and handle good power.

I'd personally lean toward the larger box size.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
well too late...wood was cut....then realized that it wouldn't quite fit in the the trunk...lol

so i had max panel sizes to deal with....came up with 3.43 cubes at 32.3 hz

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 924
W/e i need to take a pi*s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us