Advice Needed

Username: Dwells7

Post Number: 3
Need Help wiring speakers in the box. 2 12' audiobahn AW1251SE and the amp is a STA120 Class D Mono

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7661
My advice would be to buy different equipment.

That amp shows a max output for 1ohm but it is very unlikely it will work at that ohm. With your coil config assuming those subs are actually D4 you will end with a 4ohm load. That amp is barely going to put out any power.

Upload

Post Number: 4
what amp whould you suggest

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7662
depends on budget.. personally if your not set on those subs i'd change out the whole plan pending the budget/vehicle/goal

Bronze Member
Username: Rosrock

Post Number: 75
i can sell u an ascendant audio assassin 12. 4 ohm dvc 300 rms. Great sq sub. for just 70 shipped via paypal or usps... will be much better all around than that audiobum u got

Post Number: 6
why is audiobahn such a non-liked speaker?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11885
All flash. Big name with little quality. They typically have awful SQ and are priced higher than similar counterparts from a lesser known yet better company.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13377
audiobahn has a history of making flea-market quality products with lots of chrome and "bling" but lacking in substantial performance. They also have lousy business practices, forcing their dealers to sell monthly quotas of their products to maintain a dealer license. Those quotas are so absurdly high that the dealers are forced to shove the products down the throats of the consumers to make sales.

Thre is better equipment out there than Audioblah.

They had, a couple of years ago, filed for bankruptcy. Sadly, they still seem to be around, though.

Post Number: 7
what about 4 10' l5 kickers, two 800 watt audiobahn 2 channel amp's? how would this setup sound in a 95 reg. cab chevy silverado?

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 381
I think your getting worse with your sub choices. lol

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7663
just answer the question i posted before so you can be helped

budget/goal/vehicle

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Lexington, SC USA

Post Number: 13381
square subs' only advantage is cone area. The L5 seris solobarics are really poorly designed subs, though. They lack sound quality, they have known issues with tinsel lead slap and lead separation, surround separation, and cone flex due to the uneven pressures presented by a non-round cone shape at high excursion. Avoid the square subs. They aren't any better than Audiobahn fare.

Post Number: 9
budget=300-350 goal=loud-rap music, vehicle=95 reg cab chevy silverado

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
with the 350 is that including an amp... and subs.. AND you will need a custom box so really 300-350 is a VERY VERY tight budget.,... can u up that a little at least to like 500 man. Also you should consider used stuff for that kinda budget. i have 2 assassin 12's 1 is blown 1 works great. ill give u the blown one for 30 shipped(basically free) and the working one for 60 shipped. i talked to ascendantaudio and they said u can send them both in for FRESH recones for a total of 100 bucks(includes shipping there and back)

Post Number: 10
already have an amp. STA120 no idea how good it is? what about directed subs?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
what would you say for 500 budget?

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7665
oh man. theres not really much we can suggest on a 500 budget.. do you even have an aftermarket deck yet?

sell the sta120.. add that to your budget

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Www.j-designs.org

Post Number: 1252
for subs you could look into

fi audio's ssd
www.ficaraudio.com

Audioque's sdc2.5
www.audioque.com

re audio

there are plenty more but those are the ones that came to mind first.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
any more that anyone would reccomend?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
dawg buy this badass custom tc9 12. i was gonna buy it but didnt get my paycheck from the damn governemnt yesterday. his text is 909-921-5521 http://www.caraudio.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=4373895 than get a custom ported box whichll run roughly 120 bucks. than u can look for say a used directed 2400d or 1500d(they both put out 1200 rms at 1 ohm which is about what ull need) which will run u 125-150 ive found those on craigslist just do some searching. youll be bumping harder then ur friends who bought 1000 dollar setups at best buy or whatever, while the sound quality will be untouchable. so for under 450 bucks ull be VERY solid

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
one TC9 will be louder than the two audiobahns i have now? I'm kinda new at this, don't know alot about what subs are good and whatnot. all this advice is really helpful.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
o sh it dawg... adiobums?? yea man. ur REALLY gonna wanna switch that out, not to mention those will most likely blow within a few months or less anyways. If you get that tc9 u wont regret it for real. sh it i would/will if he dont sell it within a few weeks which is actually what im hoping for . in that case id buy his other bad a ss sub he got for 90 bnib off craigslist yesterday haha

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
and i bet those adiobums sound like butt dont they
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us