RE SE 12 or RE SX 12

Username: Spldude58

Post Number: 1
im goin to begin purchasing my first system soon and im pretty much sold on re audio but cant decide to get the 2 12 se or 2 12 sx. my preference is "hear me coming from a block away" loud but with very good sq. an from what ive heard about re audio they do the job. i want to accomplish this buy spending the least money possibe (hence my dilemma between the 2 subs) Although the price isnt that big of an issue i dont wat to pay the extra $100 per sub for the SX if the difference in output isnt significant

Is there a that big of a difference in the output of these 2 subs?
Which set up would be better for what im trying to do?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16217
se has more SQ but sx is louder

u may need to get a high output alt if u intend to run a pair of SX since each sub is 1000wrms where as the se is 600wrms ...

Post Number: 4
bump

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7657
why bump? rovin answered the question.

my suggestion is up to 15s if you want to be heard blocks away.. you gave us very minimal information such as vehicle and power you intend to run or already have

Post Number: 5
i have a 2001 dodge intrepid an heres the thing my budget at this moment only permits the se, but if itz worth it to wait a cupla weeks til i get paid again to get the sx's and the necessary electrical upgrades then i will.

i also have heard that the se's are overrated so i probaly run like 750wrms to each of them ( i've seen thread on here an various forum where guys talk about these things taking 1000wrms) so im thinkin they'll be fine on

would stock electrical with big 3 be able to handle 1500wrms?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7658
depends on how efficient of an amp that is saying it is 1500rms..

and for output wait for the SXs.. but I would still go with a pair of 15"s.. if you do it right there should be just enough room for the pair

but if budget really is an issue i could suggest running a higher power single 15" setup

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 629
Lower bass carries farther than higher bass. Box tuning and cabin gain from the car will play into how far away the car can be heard. Being heard from far away means that a lot of sound is escaping the car which in essence is taking away from the SPL you could be obtaining from the system.

Post Number: 6
i've heard people say that 15" have a slight delay (and i have actually heard it for myself) to them and dont keep up with faster music(pop,techno,etc) so im leanin toward the 12"

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 632
Were the 15's you heard with the delay in a ported enclosure? And what brand? The size doesnt effect the quality of the sub as long as its a well built driver and in a proper enclosure. For quicker music sealed is ideal. If a sub is in a large ported enclosure, or even a large sealed, there may be some delay in how quick the sub can respond.

Post Number: 7
they were some old school power acoustik crap well SUBS i wont say crap cuz people get offended lol but yea i saw a thread where it said that 12's go BOOM and 15's go FWOOM if that makes any sense lol but i got the point

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16234
[my preference is "hear me coming from a block away" loud]

more cone area will make the task easier to accomplish however : whatever size or the number of subs u intend to use : make sure there is sufficient cuft for box & port volume , makes no sense trying to force in subs with a undersized box when less subs or smaller size subs in the same space will sound better than "cramped up sub\s box\es" ...hope i explained that clearly enough ......

Post Number: 8
ok it look like im gonna go with the the se's i figure they should more than enough for me but then again i checked out the audioque sdh2.5 does anybody have any expericence with them? trine to make a decision

Post Number: 10
what yall think

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 110
i think you need to slow down and read and understand how bass works and what it takes to get loud.
those re se's will get plenty loud for you, but in order to make that happen you will need to properly set everything up
it all starts with the box, play a sub thats not in a box and see how loud it gets. u will hear it sounds horrible, so as much as u may want to just get the cheapest box possible, understand im telling you you must put those subs in a proper box. 4.0 cu ft tuned to 35 hz will sound good with those and get loud.
next will be your amp, dont buy a pyle or power acoustik just because they have high power ratings, there is a reason all the quality amps cost more than those but have lesser power ratings, a rockford fosgate amp would be a good choice if you want to run it at 1 ohm or theres many others as well.
next if your going to try to run more than 800-1000 watts which you probably will, you will need to invest in upgrading your electrical.
think about it, how do you really expect a small alternator and a stock battery to power amps to do 1500 or more watts on top of running your car and all its needs. its just not going to happen, its really not.
if you want to use the se's they could take 1200+ watts i would say add another battery like an optima yellow top and run your sub amp off of that.
thats just a start, theres many factors that come into play of having a loud system, but if you dont put the money,time, and effort into it, you will just be wasting your money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i was told that stock electrical with big3 can take up 1500w rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us