Looking at Getting a System Again.

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1173
Been away from car audio for a while now, couple years. Last system was a 15inch Fi SSD with a 3.5 cuft box ported to 37 hz. With a 1000 watt hifonics amp i believe. Looking to get around the same type of system again, just a nice daily driving bump in the trunk. Any suggestions would be most appreciated, also I used to have a website that had amps, subs, all that at oen place, can't remember it though. Any ideas. Thanks guys.

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1174
found the website i was thinking of. so nvm.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3140
what website was that?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1175
onlinecarstereo.com always liked it because it had a large variety of stuff to browse through

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13242
that's one, sonicelectronixx is one (spelling?) and woofersetc is another. crutchfield has some good stuff as well, though not "dirt cheap." Crutchfield does have their "signature" shop now though that carries higher end stuff.

I'd stick to the new gen-2 Fi SSD 15" or a Q 15" from them, go ported and tune it to 28Hz this time. The difference will be very noticeable.
I'd look at a Sundown Audio amplifier like the SAZ-1500D and get the sub in dual 2 ohm coil, with the BP Power option for the SSD, or if you get the Q, go with the Cooling and Spider options.

I'd then pick up a second amplifier, like the Sundown SAX-50.4, bridge that, and use it to drive a good set of components in the front, like DLS, Focal, or similar.

Run all of that from an Alpine or Pioneer ehad unit with 3 pair of pre-outs (F/R/S) and 4 volt pre-outs. Features are your call.

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1176
Most appreciated, just the kind of response I was looking for. Know anyone on here or somewhere that can make me a box and ship it for around 150?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1177
Just looked at the amp, a bit pricier than i was hoping, not out of the question, but any other amps you suggest?

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1178
I can't remember who made my box last time, he did an amazing job. If he's reading, hit me up!!!!!! haha

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22749
Bassman3 is today's box builder at the moment. Does great work. Most of the box builders here have moved on or perished that were here with you. Not sure about the $150 part but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Where ya been stranger lol?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3142
maybe logan can do it for 150.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22750

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5531
$150 would be difficult to do since shipping is usually $50-$60 anyway and carpet is $30. I have a couple other orders at the moment but if you were interested, shoot me an email (in my profile). I could do it for $180 w/out carpet. Maybe $170 depending on where you live.

Gold Member

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1179
Paul! =) I've been around, school and football keeps me busy. Summer coming up, getting a job and want some bump in the back.

Bassman, it would be without carpet. I live in Omaha, Nebraska =( haha. I'll shoot you an email.

Any other new suggestions on an amp? I'm pretty set on the SSD, I loved my old one for what I wanted.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13245
for $150, you may want to look locally and not go with a shipped box. You do get what you pay for after all.

As for amplifiers, try www.audioque.com
look at the AQ1200D as a sub amp, and see what they have for 2 or 4 channel amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1182
150 is just a ball park, i'm very willing to pay more for a better box. i can easily work with 180, i saw the pictures of a recent box from bassman. Easily worth 180.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5532
Thanks B.I.G.G.S. -- I take pride in my builds

Gold Member

Post Number: 1185
It was a very sick box, the glass and the black and red, very awesome. I'm just looking for a simple box >.<, nothin special. did you get my e-mail?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5533
Yep. Responded.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1187
Awesome, sent one back.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19203_Diamond_Audio_D352.aspx

anyone got an opinion on these? they're on sale and i've heard decent things about diamond audio but i may be wrong

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 409
wasn't the plexi box like 260$? hell i think my dubble baffle with carpet and aero's and terminals ended up costing me like 280$ shipped.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
I meant I'd easily pay 180 for a box from Bassman, didn't mean to refer to the plexi box.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13250
Diamond makes good speakers.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1189
then I might nab those for that price.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1191
Bassman, figure the first money I make will be put to the box, since it seems like you have many orders to fill and I'd like to get in line as soon as possible!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us