Help with eq's

Username: Tambule

Post Number: 3
hi..im just gonna ask with one is good or i say best? for 4 channel amp with 2 front separates. audiocontrol eqx or the old school phoenix gold eq232 with 30 band..can i run sub amp with audiocontrol eqx and to PG eq232 too?..i used to have a eq215ix i loved it but the problem is its in my country.tnx for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13215
To use the AC EQT, you need one per channel, so in your case, 6 of them if you have a 4 channel amp, and 2 channels going to the subs.

AudioControl does have digital signal processors now, though. Take a look at their website.
Are you tuning these EQs with an RTA for a SQ competition system, or to smooth out some trouble spots?

Username: Tambule

Post Number: 5
just to smooth some trouble..may be ill choose PG eq232..what do u think glasswolf?.or should i get ac?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13222
1/3 octave EQs should not be set "by ear." A 1/3 octave, 1/2 octave, and parametric EQ are all designed to be adjusted using an RTA, to see exactly where the adjustments need to be made based on speaker response in the specific environment of that vehicle.

If you just want to tweak a few things, get an in-dash spectrum or slider EQ, like the old Alpine 3331 or the Sony XE90 mkII 11-band equalizers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us