Helpp!

Bronze Member
Username: Mittens08

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 60
okk so i really wanna upgrade my system...i have 2 15inch American Bass XOs Dual 4ohm running in 1ohm...im thinking about doing 4 12inch kicker cvrs since there not that expensive i want loud but also for it to sound good...i have about 600 saved now and whatever i get for the current system alo.
Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13212
why not go to one or two 18" subs, like an Fi SSD instead?
slot ported, 10 cubic feet for the box fo an 18".
It'd sound great.

http://www.ficaraudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 600
Where do you plan on putting 4 12 inch subs at in that trunk? Do a couple nice 12's in a properly built ported enclosure, upgrading the amp and you should be good to go.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 61
would 1 18 sound good compared to 2 15s....im thinkin I should jus keep saving and do all electrical first if I want a real system

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 62
would 1 18 sound good compared to 2 15s....im thinkin I should jus keep saving and do all electrical first if I want a real system

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 63

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13218
geesh.. once was enough, bro. 3 times is overkill. haha

I love having a single 18", personally. I use it in a sealed box, with about 1200 watts RMS (very conservative rating)

How good the sub sounds is a matter of your personal tastes, as well as how good the sub's BL curve (motor control) is, and how good the enclosure is for that sub, as well as the amount of power given that sub.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 64
haha sorry i posted that using my phone it must have posted 3 times lol but ya im looking for mainly spl but i dont want it to sound like some l7s lol..u think i should jus save and get new batteries and a new alt and wires

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 601
Digital Designs may be a brand to look into.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13225
The Fi Q 18 and SSD 18 sound nothing like Kicker L7s.

I really don't like L7s.

Bronze Member

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 65
i used to have and L7 and it blew withing the first month i had it then i switched to american bass and have been really happy...u think i should stick with 2 15s or go with 2 12s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us