Upgrading my sub

Username: Ericcartman

Sedro Woolley, Washington

Post Number: 4
Looking to up grade my subwoofer. Havent owned many brands. I am looking for a good sq sub with decent volume. I listen to all types of music. From browsing this site I have chosen a few. They are a little more than I want to pay but I want quality. I have a JBL 600.1 amp providing 600rms at 2ohms. I can do a ported or sealed box up to 2.0cubes.

Looking for a single 12 4ohm dvc

Picks so far:

Rockford TI12D4 $229
Boston G51244 $219
Image IDQ12d4 V.3 $279 (a little expensive for me)

Other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Eric

Silver Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 102
look at a jl audio 13'' w3v3 it will prob be around 200 brand new off ebay and go with ported box 2.0 cu ft. that will have plenty of output and nice sq
take out the rockford fosgate. those t1s are not sq subs.
or check out re's sx subs

or if you want something from what u suggested i would say the boston sub, that is a good sq sub

if you do decide to go sealed i dont think you would want a box 2 cu ft. i would say more around 1.25 by the way

Post Number: 5
Ive heard re was good but didnt know what models were good. The volume is just what I have available. I would build box to suit sub.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13213
anything by resonant engineering is good.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 599
Of the 3 listed, IDQ would be the best of them.

Post Number: 6
I found an RE SE12d4 for $149 with free shipping from dealer cost audio. This is the newer version with rubber magnet cover. Seems like a good deal. Why are the older versions without the cover so much more expensive? Is it because they are made in china now. I found and older SE sub brand new for $249. Are the older ones better? Both are 600watts rms.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13217
After the first generation of RE subs, their lead engineer left, and went to work for Fi, and RE also stopped using the XBL^2 motors for subs like the XXX. Their entire design for their subs changed.

Post Number: 7
So does that mean that there newer stuff is not worth buying?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us