Odd question... Off topic too

Username: Nick8124

Post Number: 1
I have a two channel amp. Home amplifier. I am wanting to make a mock center channel. I have one 8 ohm speaker hooked up to each channel. I want to hook up a "center" I have lying around. Also 8 ohms. I will hook the neg to the left channel and the pos to the right channel. What will be the resulting load on the amplifier per channel?once upon a time I had a multi meter..... An equation would be awesome!

Username: Nick8124

Post Number: 2
Bump

Bronze Member
Username: Gutteer

Post Number: 84
find a wiring chart online

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13178
the resulting load will be infinite.

you'll have two open circuits.

you can't bridge an amplifier unless it supports this function. In order to bridge an amplifier, the output of one channel has to be inverted. You can, however, build an external circuit that would do this for you to bridge the amplifier yourself, if you know what you're doing around a soldering pen. That circuit, you can find easily with a google search.

Be aware however, that doing this will require that your home amplifier be 4 ohm stable, as inverting one channel will cause the amp to "see half the presented load"

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22726
Get yourself an entry level 5.1 HT receiver. It will support the channels you want and set you back less than $200.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 13927
I know a place to get denon ht recievers cheap

http://www.dakmart.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=denon+7.1&osCsid=bs22 ilag4ac6lk9j21ldqjnq62&x=0&y=0

http://www.dakmart.com/p11305/Denon-Avr-488-5.1-375-Watt-Surround-Sound-Receiver-w-Warranty/product_info.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us