Sub Issue

I have 2 brand new4000 series 10' MTX subs. I put them in a sealed box in my trunk and they sound great. I am almost possitive all of the wiring is correct because I did it myself, and I am very particular. I have them bridged to a 400 watt MTX amp which I have had for years and still works great. Once again, the subs sound really good, but when you stand back and watch them hit with the trunk open, it looks like one is hitting harder than the other. maybe it is my imagination, but I think not. What could be the problem????
Any suggestions appreciated.

Anonymous
Never heard anything like that before. The first thing I say is that something is screwed up with the wiring, but thats all good. Break them in good and then work them hard and see if things fix themselves.

Anonymous
Another thing I just thought of is that the one sub might not be working at all, and is just bouncing to the sound pressure of the other sub. Pull the one out and check to see if its really working. Could be a faulty sub.

Hydro
Zach Sometimes when u bridge subs to an amp that will happen one sub will get more power than the other and more than likely thats the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us