Rockford Fosgate P3L-2X12?

Username: Channy

Post Number: 5
Yo guys so I'm still a high school student but I want some decent bass for my car. I just want want some good subs that won't bite a hole in my wallet and I'd rather just buy a sub with an enclosure already built with it (of course I know it's better to get a custom box, but I don't want to go through all that hassle).
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21266_Rockford+Fosgate+P3L-2X12.html

I was looking at these rockford's since they're pretty cheap with an enclosure and are 1000RMS.

Any input on these guys and a good amp to match? Or any other suggestions of some some subs in that price range that come with enclosures.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 36
buy a FI SSD with copper coil and build a sealed box :-P

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 586
Depending on the car, you could go with one or two 12's, or even 15's if you have the room. A good 1200 rms, like with the AQ1200D or even 1k with a Sundown 1000D would be plenty of power for a daily. Having a custom enclosure built for you is just like ordering your subs online, so not much hassle to it. I'd say look into a pair of Fi SSDs or Alpine Type Rs. Both will get plenty loud and still maintain a level of SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1043
if you are set on buying a loaded box i would suggest these polks
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB1222/Polk-Audio-db1222.html?showAll=N&tp=112

i have personal experience helping a friend put them in his car. the box is built surprisingly well. the box is made with .75" mdf, sealed with silicone and the port edges are rounded which is something you dont usually see with a prefab box. also it scored a 136.7 at the dash on a tl mic ran off of an audiobahn a8000t. so i know this can get a decent score for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us