Anyone????

Bronze Member
Username: 410inchl7s

BROOKLYN , NEW YORK NEW...

Post Number: 74
anyone know where i can get door panel s made already for mids--like to put 4 mids in each door>>or can someone offer to do it and i will pay to do it>>they are cheap to ship so i can ship em to get done thanx...and sorry for all the posts but im new and dont know where to put my interests

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4407
for 4 10"L7's.. You shoyuldn't need more than a couple of comp sets to keep up with tghe bass. I am running 2 comp sets and the mids/highs does aq decent job of trying to keep up with my HW's (15's). Factory mount one set in the door.(mid driver-after you sound deaden completely) make some kickpods for the other set. I wouldn't use the other subs either. A properly power and enclosed substage and a couple of comp sets properly installed for your frontstage should be plenty..Keep it simple is usually the best way to go. JMHO.

Do you have a goal (decibles) in mind?.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
i want it very very very loud--see where i live people go to randalls island and show off whos is loudest-if i go with just 4 door speakers they will laugh at me--i want to put 4 6 inch speakers in each door..thats my goal i know it seems crazy but thats what i want to do..even if i can put something else in my door-if anone can do this then let me know

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 582
They shouldn't laugh if you're the loudest. Quality is better than quanity and your install is everything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
yeah but these guys have like walls of subs and like 16 evs--its like goin to summer jam lol--thats how loud it is-i jus want a very loud install-and mark--here it is---

ok the length is 38 the width is 39 the height is 30 i have a lil more room to play with thats just being safe

look at this lol-this is where i live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TNKt_2U2QQ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuEPAszLZY&feature=related

Gold Member

Post Number: 4408
what kind of numbers are you wanting to hit with your subs? 146-148ish (db's)? would that be acceptable.

my point is You substage off off 1500 wrms will not be as loud as mine, and i only need 2 iomp sets to keep up with my bass. . heres my last setup 2-18's on 5000+ wrms.

you listen or watch bass vids on youtube? if so, you'll notice that unlike 99% of bass vids out there, my mids/highs can be heard as plain as day.. i dont see the point in having your substage and 8 mid drivers in your front doors.. That would be laughable.. Total overkill. whether you go with your current subs in a better ported box or switch to 2-18's on 1500 wrms, you are only gonna be so loud.. The frontstage you are wanting would be for systems that are doing 10000+wrms (substage).i'll work on the box plans and see what i can come up with..

heres a link to Bass Box Pro 6 that I uploaded.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y7t73m
Just DL it and extract it and read the .txt files for install instructions. I'll email the file (box plans) to you and you open it up in BBP6.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4409
So just watched your vid.. Let me see if I got this right.. You are wanting to:
4-10" L7's on 1500 wrms
4 -10"evas Full range off of 1500 wrms
8 6" drivers in front doors?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4410
what is your current box's specs?

also. is this what you are wanting

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
the box spec idk but imma switch to the my ride thread u can better see it and knnow what to work with...thanx

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 587
I love playing that song Mark, I like the bass lines in it. Nice set up btw.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5715
Do you even know about phase cancellation or how to wire that many door speakers out of phase?

LOL Mark.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
yep they wont be out of phase--ill wire em down to 2 ohm and rf makes a amp that handles 2 ohm per channel so if i have 8 6 inch mids they will be wired to one channel each and why would they cancell if they in the doors wide open???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
and why do people comment on whats wrong with it jus answer yes or no--i hate to always hear negatives 24/7 aboout why fis wont fit or why 2 speakers are no good-or every sub is junk except fi subs--cmon now--this forum is gettin to be bullshit--everyone i seen so far hates on what others have--everyone thinks their system is better or louder--let people put what they want and help em do it-if not helping then why comment--about the worse--thats whats starts new threads--cause people come here for help on a certain thing and people here hate and they ask a million more questions bout sumthin new-trus me i know-im doin it--jus let us do what we want and hel or gtfo the thread

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5718

quote:

yep they wont be out of phase--ill wire em down to 2 ohm and rf makes a amp that handles 2 ohm per channel so if i have 8 6 inch mids they will be wired to one channel each and why would they cancell if they in the doors wide open???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Exactly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
exactly what?
have u ever heard cancellation in mids with their separate pods?

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5719
LOL dude, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Good luck with that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
no i dont-lol but still it what i want-

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
so then jus explain to me why it would cancell? and dont just say itll cancell out-ttell me why so then i could fix it-or go another route

Gold Member

Post Number: 4413
Look dude... I have the feeling that he could take the time to explain it and you still wouldn't get it... Looking at those vids, I suspect that getting the imaging correctly set, and maintaining any hope of decent SQ is not an issue. I can't relate to that form of a setup, so I won't comment on why I would't want to go that route... I know nothing about trying to setup a system that would be geared towards projecting the music outside of a vehicle... I put a lot of time and money trying to do just the opposite.. As for your box design, I don't see what good I could do for you because I would be designing a box geared towards the bass loading off of your hatch to be heard and projected to the front of your vehicle (front seats).. once you open the hatch to listen to the bass outside, the already terrible sounding L7's will really sound like chit with the port firing directly at you. But judging from what I saw in the vids, decent music and a decent sound are not an option.. It seems that they are putting as many speakers as humanly possible connected to a vehicle that looks and sounds like a swap meet showcar.. Afro-engineering at its finest. I am not trying to be offensive, but ecoustics it not likely the best forum to get advise from with that type of setup... When people run acroos pics of those riduclous setups, thay get posted on here from time to time for a good laugh.. Good luck anyways..

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
no i want the bass like u said i play the music in the car-i jus want more 6 inch speakers in my door panels-thats all-even if i put 2 6 inchs in each door
i never open my hatch and play music-its always closed-jus if i opened my doors like 99% of people do when they listen to music sometimes -thats all i wanted-not a big deal-jus to have door speakers-thats it-and as for the bbox u helpin me with-i never open the hatch and listen to my bass-makes no sense-those cars u seen have no bass-i like bass- i jus want the mix of the 2-loud music and loud bass--and i downloaded the bb6 program- i dont know if they got the wrong idea but its not what it seems--i jus ike oud music-and i want the room for my box that why i chose the doors for mids-see now what im saying

Gold Member

Post Number: 4414
what is your email?

did you DL and install the program I sent you the link too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
yes i installed it
my email is FATAL74@YAHOO.COM

Gold Member

Post Number: 4417
yg mail

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Twp., MI United States

Post Number: 1426
No offense, but those vidoes looked like a bunch of guido bros listening to club/techno/dance music with about 4 girls total in all of those videos.

Not for me...

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
yeah its yahoo mail-thats my email

Gold Member

Post Number: 4418
did you get the email?. should have 5 files attached..

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
IT ONLY HAS 3 ATTACHED'-THE NOTES AND 2 PICTURES

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 396
mark its not realy afro its more of a mexi / Hispanic thing. <<< my .02c

Gold Member

Post Number: 4419
Deathoob- lol... Naww.. It's just a different way of sayin' nikka riggin'..

I resent them from a different email.. Hope it works.. The cutlist and the 3 jpegs(2- 2D snapshots of a 3D sketchup 1-photo showing a 45 explained in cutlist) are the most important files. The bb6 file is really only the technical inforation.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4420
Did you get the files?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us