Boston G512 vs Fi q12

Bronze Member
Username: Arnotjie

Post Number: 17
What do you guys think about the Boston G512?
I wanted to get a Fi q 12 sub, But I live in Australia, and we have no Fi audio dealers. If I take the Q12 with an added spider, and I Heat ring, it will set me back about AU$450 including shipping. For the same price I can get a Boston G12. How will it do compared to the Fi?

I'm NOT going to compete or anything. It will just be in my daily driver, and I'm after good SQ.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5709
It depends on how much power you plan to throw at them. The G12 is an exceptional SQ driver, a notch above the Q in terms of sheer accuracy. But -- the Q will handle twice the power and get considerably louder, while still retaining very good SQ. If you only plan on pushing around 500RMS then definitely get the G12. But if you are thinking about 750 or more, go with the Q. If I recall correctly 450AU is around $400? That's quite a bit to pay for either one but, being in Oz you do what you have to do.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13158
$418 USD

I don't believe Fi has "dealers." We all buy directly from them.
I used to be a Boston dealer. They make very good speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Okay, thanks...
I don't know much about the electronics of a car (like the alternator, capacitor, etc). How much would I need to upgrade if I choose the Fi, and would it be much less for the Boston?

Also, I assume that all high end subs still get quite loud. Even though the Boston is a SQ sub, it should still be louder than a $100 pioneer sub right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Oh yeah. And the car is a 2004 Toyota corolla
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us