Blue sub cable ????

Bronze Member
Username: Itatum

Post Number: 40
i have a jenson UV7i (it was free) and it has a bunch of rca cables on the back of it. Now it has two that say front / two that say rear / and some to install more dvd screens / and it has one blue cable that says sub on it. my question is what am i supposed to do with this one blue rca cable that says sub. I dont have a manual so i was already on here so im just going to throw it out there. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5092
Is it a blue wire or a blue RCA audio output?

If it's a wire, it's the remote turn on that you hook up to the amp (basically tells the amp to turn on). If it's an RCA (and I doubt this), then it would probably be a single audio signal for a monoblock amp.

A pic would help. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
it looks like i can plug in an rca cable to it, but its just one jack. I have an amp that has a (slave) port or jack hook up and it also is just one spot to plug in a rca cable. Is this were i should plug it in and find out.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5143
Might as well give it a try. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Jensen did something like that....good luck.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 14148
its a sub out

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 13610
2 front, 2 rear, and a mono sub output.
very common.
these RCAs are to run amplifiers with your head unit. sub signals are mono anyway so some companies just supply a single sub output. Also with DVD, it's set up for 5.1, and the .1 is a single sub.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
i hooked it up to my amp and it sounds great now soooooooooooooo much more clear. i love driveing my car now, i look for stuff to do so i can drive it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us