Daily driver system

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingsfresh

Post Number: 16
Is 3000 rms too much for a daily setup? 2 12's, 1500 rms each, SQL subs.

Silver Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 385
depends

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
depends on what?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3122
no

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
how about 4000rms?? 2000 to each 12"

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 561
If you have the electrical to back it up, sure why not. You've got to consider that you'll get full power at full tilt. Unless you're always cranking up your system you won't be using all of your total rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I'm thinking about getting 2 12's capable of 2000 rms each and i want one amp that is going to put out at least 4000 rms. How many batterys and alternators will i need? Any suggestions on brand and models? I'm not going to be having the bass boost and volume up all the way a lot. But when i do i just want to make sure that its going to be very loud at times i want it to be also, you know.

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 386
http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers/saz-4500d.html

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154bcf89498a3fd/shopdata/0050 _Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Oh yea i didn't mention that i want this setup to be very loud, but the most possible sound quality also.. i've had setups be loud but have no sq. For ex : 2 15 L7's .. I want a setup almost or just as loud but ridiculously beats it in sq. Would 2 re xxx 12's be good? or Fi BL? but they are only 1000 rms each. Or even re mx? And i've looked into that amp thats too much for my budget lol i dont really want to spend more than $600-$800 on an amp. Could i find 2 amps for that much as good putting that much power? I looked into the hifonics 2610.. And is 3000 or 4000 rms asking too much to be a SQ setup? Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16190
depends on what ur definition of "daily" is

some ppl "need" 5000wrms to make them happy while others are content with a single amp set up that powers a pair of components & plays 300-400wrms on bass

personally i only need 1000wrms to keep me contented for daily use ...

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 565
The SSA Xcon can hold 1750 rms. Get a pair of them and run a good 3500 rms to them. Should get plenty loud and maintain your SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 365
Check out cresendo audio... Their 3000 watt amp runs 550.

2 xcons would go great off that power. The bl is more an spl sub but if it's in the right enclosure should out due the l7s in all aspects. Also look into incriminator audio death rows, suppose to be IAs SQL sub or the death penalty which is more spl oriented

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13109
Honestly I'd see how much I had to spend, then find the best amp I could get in that price range. I wouldn't try to buy the biggest amp I can find. I'd go for quality over quantity in this case. 3Kw is a lot of power. More than you really need, honestly. You'd need an upgraded electrical system to handle that much power, and I don't think it's really needed when I had a system that had a total of 320 watts RMS in one car on 2 12" subs in a ported box, and I was hitting over 140dB, and that was 18 years ago.

Upload

Upload

kids today have an over-exaggerated idea of what you really need to get a loud system. I had 14 speakers in that car, 2 amplifiers, and both were class AB (not super efficient) and I was only drawing a total of about 70A @ 140dB+

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 387
are those funky pup subs?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5271
What are you on Crack Death noob?

Silver Member

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 388
its a tiny pic on 1920x1200

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5074
That fiesta had quite the system.

I guess I'll just feed into the consensus that yeah: it depends.

I think it has to do more with what actual equipment is used than actual numbers.

For example, I had a sealed JL 12w7 and it was too much for a daily driver. I got a headache after 15min of listening to it, no matter what the level was. Same goes for other subs I've owned. Settled on a 12 w6v2 and am happy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Yea i understand what your saying glasswolf. I have two 10w6v2's as of right now but they aren't nearly as loud as i want it to be off of 1000 rms. I think i'm going to either go with the ssa xcon, re mx, or maybe even Fi Q. And either a 2500watt amp or possibly 3000. For 2500-3000 rms would i need more than 2 batterys not including the one under the hood? How about a new alt?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3495
"What are you on Crack Death noob?"

x2.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13120
Those pics were taken in 1992. Those were treated paper cone, foam surround cerwin vega LE-12D dual 4 ohm coil 12" subs.
power handling was 125WRMS per coil. Sensitivity was something like 92dB @ 1W @ 1m

Anyway, power is relative, in that if you don't want to be required to use huge amps, then choose very sensitive speakers. You'll get more output per watt that way. That's all I'm saying.

It's neat that the cost per watt on amplifiers has come down so, so much over the years, but you're still limited by what the alternator and battery can supply, unless you pay to upgrade those as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us