My first wall build almost 2 years ago

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2371
i just saw this pic again and wanted to show it. this brings back some good memories!
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 110
what size subs was it for? looks pretty good for your first wall. iv'e wanted to try a wall in my jeep. but the bigger i make something, the more likely it is not to turn out very good.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2372
it was 4 15s. every one told i would hate it because u can't see behind u. but after making my first wall and 2nd wall i still love it
just start building it steve! i have learned SO MUCH by doing this

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby3342

Post Number: 33
hey dude i have 2 12 re audio on aq 1200d and i drive a dodge intrepid what do you think i should be hittin on the mic i have a 130 amp alt 4 gauge wire box tuned to 35 hrtz. and im only hittin 136 and i want to be up around 145 or 6 what should i do? do i need more power do my subs suck what to do? i read one of your old threads and i saw that you almost bought the se s so do ya think i can get better numbers or should i sell the subs thanks dblk deadrabbit or whatever your name is derek i think

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3501

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2382
my name is luke. lol. have i talked to u before?
no one can say how loud it would or should be. it depends on the car and all kinds of other stuff. more power would help.. a new box would help more

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
no ive been reading your posts obvisouly misreading but in any event with my current setup aq1200d dodge intrepid 2 se 12s 130 amp alt if i build a good box could i hit 145 with 2 12s or do i need 3 right now im runnin 4 gauge wire about to add another battery and to do the big 3 any other advice things i could do?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13259
yeah there really is no way at all to guess at teh SPL a car will hit. So many factors and variables, from elevation, to actual applied power, to driver sensitivity and positioning, to box response, to vehicle sound damping treatment and cabin response, to how the SPL is measured (what meter? what mic? where was the mic placed? were the windows up or down?) to things like was the SPL measured with music or a test tone, and sustained or burped?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2385
one of my good friends hit a 150 wit 2 12s and 2,000 watts. then he got 4 15s in his truck (it actually fit) and got the same score.

if ur wanting to go to comps find me on fb maybe i can help u design a new box. i am sure people on this forum will help to. in order to really get loud u will need ur own tl mic to test

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2219
It's hard to get high scores from the trunk of most cares, especially larger ones. My first step if you're serious about spl is to get a hatch back, suv, or pickup.

More cone area and power never hurt.
And the most important is to build enclosures until you get one that does what you want. I doubt you'll see mid 140s with the setup you've described though- it would take some work to find the right tuning/enclosure.

Again, more power never hurt either- and why not do 15s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
dude if i had 3 12s and 2 aq 1200ds you dont think i could see mid 40s?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
oh yeah didnt mention my box is leakin air bad it was my first build didnt know what i was doin

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2220
Sure you could, but there's no way for me to give you a yes or know. With enough time and effort in the build and setup of things I'm sure you could do ok, but I would work on your box first from the sound of things.

NO ONE can tell you you should do X number, but with a proper box you should improve a lot.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2387
if u have box leaks then u will gain a lot by fixing that. and i think if u re-build u will gain even more

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7643
what was the loudest you got dblk?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us