HELP Should be easy to answer

Username: Matt_74

Post Number: 1
Alright i have a 2000 extended cab dodge dakota and i just want one sub to have in the back and only take one seat maybe more if necessary but i just want a basic good quality sub for everyday use and not too expensive and i would need an amp and everything else too.

I was thinking maybe a 10 or 12 inch FI SSD because i saw another guy talking about it on the forum but i really have no idea help would be appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 388
maybe an Alpine Type R 12? I believe that qualifies as a fairly inexpensive and great quality daily sub. Get dual 1(or dual 4) and run it with a kicker 750 amp @ 2 ohm.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13032
yup the SSD or Type R would work great. I'd go sealed in a pickup truck. otherwise you're going to get that "trunk bass" issue going on due to the small, fairly air tight cabin of the truck acting as a second sealed enclosure with a ported box. You'll hear a significant decrease in bass with the windows rolled up. One reason I don't like trucks.

Post Number: 2
ok so if i get the 12" Fi SSd dual 1 sealed and the Kicker 750 amp @ 2 ohm it will all sound pretty good then

And also that will only take about one seat in the back right?

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1033
well you could take some measurements and see what the maximum dimensions you could use for a box
but an ssd is rec for 1.1^3 sealed. also, as long as the the kicker amp is the zx 750,1 model it will be fing because the zx does its power at 2 ohms

also, double check all of this because i was out tonigh for the cavs game and am not ecactly in the right state of mind

Post Number: 3
haha alright ill go with that thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us