Any passat/jetta owners out there?

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 30
Hey im just wondering if anyone on here has a passat/jetta, im looking into future electrical upgrades and was just seeing what they had experienced in their spl/sq endeavors.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2368
i have a vw golf!
i got a bigger alt. the stock one is pretty small. its like 90 amp or something like that.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7613
i had a jetta.. worst car i owned

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 554
I knew a guy who bought a pair of 12 inch L5's in a factory ported enclosure and those things were loud as crap. Even being ran off of a POS sony xplod 1000 amp. I'm guessing the cars have a lot of cabin gain. Maybe something to consider.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7614
if you want to buy a car for a system the vw is the wrong way to go

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 32
Why do you say that jack?, and How many amps is the new alt you got, how much did that run you?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2375
i disagree jack. i think the vw golf is a VERY loud car! the vw polo and the rabbits and the GTI i think are all great spl cars

Silver Member
Username: Sleste8

Shelbyville, MI United States

Post Number: 120
3 thumbs up for golf, im looking for an older 2 door hard top. but am starting to wounder how much the HO alt would be.

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 33
Yeah, thats what im trying to figure out as well.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7625
again. if your looking for a spl car.. i would not got with a jetta/golf

find you crx or s10/s10 blazer.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2376
ill have to disagree with u jack. golfs get loud. i am not the only person that has a golf and gets really high scores.
idk about what class he is running in but some times they have rules with CRXs..
my last car was an s/10 blazer
i put the same system and same box in my golf and gained close to 2 dbs... i know things like that happen. but i think golfs are the way to go.... but ya... crxs are louder than all hahaha

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2377
anyways! i got my old from some place out of the country. i found them on on ebay because they sold normal sized alts. i called them and they had some HO alts too. it was pretty much for what i got!
but some times its a chance buying from places u dont' know about

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7626
golfs get loud? what happen with you and yours then Lol

you did not know what you were doing with the blazer and that was shown with your trial and error with your golf

again if the sole purpose is going to be for an spl car i'd go with a different option. at least crxs and s10/s10blazers are cheap to repair if needed

Bronze Member

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 34
lol ^that never came into the discussion untill you said something about it jack, i already a) own a passat, and b) don't need to figure out who has the bigger balls about what car they think is best... I am just wondering est. price on a HO alt for a passat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us