CDT CL-61A or CL-61A/TW-24 or CL-61AT-25 PRO

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 523
I'm not able to listen to these, so wanted to get some opinions before i buy. The TW-24 ($150) steps up to a 1" tweeter instead of the 3/4" in the CL-61A ($130), and the AT-25 PRO ($170) steps up to their best available tweeter. I would be putting these in a Toyota Tundra, with the tweeters in the sails. Giving the comps 100-125w per channel. I listen to mostly rock and drum-n-bass, with some hip-hop.

Is the step up in SQ worth the step up in price? If i never hear the TW24 and TW25, would i be fine with the basic set for $130? Or do i need to suck it up and get the TW24 or TW25? Is the TW24 the optimal value, meaning it's much better than the standard but pretty close to the TW25? Or should i just do the TW25, b/c the TW24 is not that much better than the standard CL61's? Or are they basically "get what you pay for", and priced appropriately?

Oh yeah, and if you recommend the TW25, how do those compare to the Image Dynamics CTX65CS, which is about the same price? I've heard those before, and I'm a fan of ID.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate the feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us