It's been awhile

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 758
Hey folks, been some time that I've posted here since I got out of the sub box building business.

Anyways, the reason for the visit is simple, since I closed shop, I have lingering a round the usual stuff I need/want to get rid of:

Carpet, Terminal Cups, Power Tools and what not.

Right off the bat - I'm not shipping any of it, so if your local and interested, let me know. It's spring and I'm just looking to unload the stuff for a reason price.

If any of the folks I know are still on here know who I am and that I deal with people fairly and honestly.

Second - Cash Only - NO MONEY ORDERS, CHECKS OR CC.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12916
Local to where? I'm local to a lot of things.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 522
... since I could hold my head up high. And it's been a while...

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22643
I believe Phil is on the East coast, Northeast PA?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3012
Shame you got out of it, i thought you did really nice work.

If you ever do decide to ship i'd love to take all your speaker terminals and carpet off your hands.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 16169
box building business wasnt profitable enough ? ...

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 759
Sorry for the lapse, Yes, I'm located Pennsylvania, Willow Grove to be exact which is about 2 miles south of the Willow Grove Naval Air Base.

Rovin,

Since I'm not in the business anymore, I can speak my mind.

Yes, the sub box building business was not profitable enough given that folks in the car audio hobby think that what I did was not worth the money, yet, these very same people got no problem with spend hundreds to a few thousand for car audio gear.

I guess the tools, materials, shop space, heat, electric, insurance, vehicle, phone, website expenses and my time must be dirt cheap to these people, yet, you have people within the car audio community that offer up building boxes out of mommy and daddy's garage and not having to foot the bills to cover the expense of doing so.

And to be brutally honest, the money I made during the course of running the business paid the bills and with what was left over I made less than someone working at Mickey D's, if you factor in I worked 14 plus hours a day. So, yeah, is was not profitable.

However, I will say with all honesty that I did get great satisfaction of out it given that the folks I did design and building sub enclosures for appreciated the time, effort and creative thought in some of the MORE complicated designs and builds, that was my reward from those people.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 22652
Yes I would have to say building boxes full time single handedly would at best be a wash. If you were building identical product over and over again there would be MANY shortcuts on saving time/materials. However, given the very unique nature of "custom" design and fabrication the ones left standing in the end are the ones who don't depend/rely on the income to raise a family, because it's just not there. Sad to see you stepping out of the game but I see why.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us