Battery question

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Hifonics 2607, DcSounds12xl SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 13844
is this true
odyssey 1750 compared to this
This is the same battery as the Sears Platinum group 65:

Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange),DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13845
found my answer the arey the same battery....looks like im getting a diehard battery for street A use 190 bucks vs 286 for the odyssey

out of curiousity, i called EnerSys, a gal at the marketing dept. confirmed that Enersys makes both Odyssey and Diehard Plt. they are the same.

http://www.yotatech.com/f131/sears-diehard-platinum-odyssey-135337/

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12908
When I ran my Festiva in IASCA, I used a Sears Gold series 1200CCA battery, and loved it. They have some good stuff.
The thing to remember is that there are really only a few places that produce lead-acid batteries. Most stuff is just branded by companies, but made in the same few manufacturing plants. Bicycle frames and speakers are the same way in large part, too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13849
I got this one today

DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange),Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange),DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange)

this one is next

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850131000P?mv=rr

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11049
They OEM batteries for several different brands but they will all give you great performance

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5700
Glasswolf: "the thing to remember is that there are really only a few places that produce lead-acid batteries. Most stuff is just branded by companies, but made in the same few manufacturing plants."

The majority of car batteries are created by three manufacturers - Delphi, Exide and Johnson Controls Industries. Delphi makes some EverStart models sold in Walmart and AC Delco. Johnson Controls Industries makes Duralast seen in Autozone stores, Diehard - sold in Sears, Kirkland - the Costco brand, Motorcraft - which Ford sells, some of the EverStarts, Optima and Interstate. Exide makes Exide batteries, Champion, Napa and some of the EverStart batteries.

All the rest are manufactured by Enersys, a merger of Hawker-Gates and Yuasa (Odyssey, Kinetik, Hawker, EnerSys Ironclad, General Battery, Fiamm Motive Power, Uranio, Oldham and Express) and East Penn (Deka).

Platinum Member

2 hifonics 2607s, 2dcSounds12xls SPL\idmax12SQ

Post Number: 13935
got this monster today

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850131000P?mv=rr

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5110
Awesome info, Brad.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 885
Any one ever use optima any more?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5126
Nah, Optima batteries are built for off-roading and heavy-duty applications, that is, they do not leak or spill when subjected to large amounts of g-force, shock, and even rotation. Their electrical abilities are nearly the same as a regular battery (though they store their energy in a different manner), and electrical performance compared to a good, normal battery is negligible at best.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us