HU internal amp f*c*ed?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 429
well as some know i moved out recently and since its been gettin warm i put my beat back. butttttt it got stolen the other week :'( my heart is broken. of course i shouldve expected it i live in a college neighborhood. sub, both amps, threw the amp rack torn to shreds in the yard :'[ wires ripped out through metal and wood and interior carpet everywhere, crossovers were smashed in the yard and street and driveway:'((((( terrible.. what they did to me...

on a more direct note, since then ive recovered a lil, took my HU out cuz my speakers were ran off RCAs, but for the past 2 days ive cleaned it all up, got 2 extra 6x9s in the back and have my DLS component set... no amp.. tried to run it all from the HU buuut no sound..? any input or advice?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12909
internal amp may be disabled since you'd been using the pre-outs. some brands have that oprion, like eclipse and alpine to name two.

also from the way they smashed everything, it almost sounds like you pissed someone off by disturbing them with the system.. but that's just speculation.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 430
i checked i have a pioneer i cant find the menu where u can turn the internal amp on and off.... i remember my old pioneer (which was a newer but lower end model) had that feature... ill try and find the make and model of my pioneer right now...

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 431
ok so its a pioneer deh-p7700mp

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12937
download the manual for it and see.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5699
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DEH-P7700MP/media.html

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 432
ok so i switched my cd player out with my buddies pioneer, which also happens to be my old pioneer, just so we could unplug them and make the process fit. neither cd player played sound in my car, both played sound in his car, but how is this? because all of my speakers are wired straight to the unit, no harnesses. my power n ground n stuff go thru the harness but really now wtf

Bronze Member
Username: Stubbs563

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Post Number: 31
Damn dude that story almost makes me not even want to install >_<

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13011
miswired.

did you use a harness adapter for this, or did you just match the wire colors?

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 433
i bought my jeep with a pioneer in it, sold it, put another pioneer in with the same harness, adapter, etc, worked fine. sold that pioneer to my friend brian. got my most recent 1. rcas ran never speakers ran off the Unit, switched from an amp to the unit for my doors tweets and 6x9s. none work. buuuuttt awhile ago my ground wire ripped outta my pioneer harness so i have a wire going straight to theback of my cd player with the little "safety screw" that comes with the unit... u kno it has like a nut in the middle of it and screws into the chassis of the Pioneer? ya.

Platinum Member

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 13023
that's not a ground.
that's a safety strap in case of an accident so the radio doesn't dislodge and crush your face, kill your children, and cause you to die horribly in a screaming ball of fire.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 434
oh my. so are you telling me thats the problem? im not very experienced you all know this ive only had to troubleshoot a few problems with CD players soooo idk.

so should i just get a knew harness and then all my speakers will work again? r u jus sayin thats not a ground and i need 1 but then were just adding a little extra flavor on how you want me to die?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us