Help with sub and amp?

Username: Zakattak

Post Number: 1
Well I'm new to the whole car audio scene, and I need some help. I have a 93 F-150 with no room. The only place I can put subs is behind the seat, so I need something shallow mount. I'm only wanting like one 12". I don't want like just massive bass and distortion though, I want good quality, but still have that nice, hard-hitting bass with it. I also need help with picking an amp and how to wire it right. I don't have a ton of money to spend either, so I want good quality for a decent price.

Gold Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 1017
what is your budget?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12903
head unit with F/R/S pre-outs
2 channel amp 40-50 watts per channel @ 4 ohms
front separates
300-600 watt @ 2 ohm sub amp
single sealed 10" sub behind the seat, or two 8" sealed.
2 amplifier wiring kit

Orion or PPI amps (whatever works for you)
Focal or DLS front stage
Alpine or Pioneer head unit
Fi, Alpine, or similar subs

Post Number: 2
Thanks, GlassWolf. And @Kyle, I have somewhere between 300$-600$ to spend.

Edit: Ok would this be a good amp http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=558 for this sub http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_575P3SD212/Rockford-Fosgate-P3SD212.html And I found a nice Alpine head unit. G2g now. Bye

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12912
you may want to save up a bit more than that for a decent setup, or get the cabin speakers, 2 or 4 channel amp, and head unit first, then add the sub and sub amp later

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7589
ill agree with glass.. get the heart.. the h/u first and work on frontstage .. then add the substage

btw, do you have bucket seats? another option might be to do a center console build

and ditto on the dls comps.. :P

Post Number: 3
Well, I want to go with 2 10s now, and I have more money to spend than that, I just didnt want to spend that much. I was thinking an alpine head unit and 2 JL Audio 10W1v2-4 10" subs, with a JL J2 500.1 Monoblock class B amplifier. Also, jack... I am gettin bucket seats, but I need to keep the middle open for a jump seat when I need to take 2 people. So that's out of the picture. I talked to a guy, and he said that the J2 500.1 would easily run 2 10W1v2-4's so i think I might do that.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 526
Should sound awesome. JL makes good stuff. Good luck to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us