15" comp kickers.. Not hitting hard enough.. Help

Username: Tristanf

Post Number: 1
Ok I have two 15 inch comps, running on a 2000 watt boss amp with a JVC stereo in a 2004 chevy impala. The speakers thump pretty good, but not hard enough to be 15's (I think), I've turnded my amp up, other than that what are some suggestions to make the boom better?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3008
whats the rms on that amp? and do you know what ohm load you are wired to? sealed or ported box?

Username: Tristanf

Post Number: 2
I dont know all the terms that well.. But i will try to answer your questions the best i can. Lol Or i could look right now. because i'm not sure what the rms is or what the ohm load is, Just tell me where to look for them. But, The amp has 2 channels, and the box is ported if that helps any.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 691
do you know the stats on the box. Volume, tuning, port size? How did you wire the subs? pos and neg to each channel of the amp?

I had 2 Kicker Comp 15"s in a small sealed box in a 96' intrepid and they slammed on 400 watts RMS

then put them in a 8 Cu^Ft box tuned to 35 hertz and they slammed on the same 400 watts RMS

Your box is probably too small and tuned high. And that amp is very overrated.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 692
Oh yeah, are they 4 ohm or 8 ohm subwoofers. If they are 8 ohm that amp is probably giving them under 100 watts of true power each.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11045
You have kicker comps (their lowest model), and a boss amp (boss makes total crap). No surprise it doesn't "hit hard"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us