Aq1200d

Bronze Member
Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 23
a friend of mine wants to buy an aq1200d but is going to run it at 2 ohms, because he has a small car and im not sure of the alternator's output but i know it's nothing more than 100amps. so he only wants to run the 870rms from the amp until he upgrades his electrical system.

my question is... since he will only be running 870rms from the aq1200d, could he purchase 4 guage kollosus knu wires (since i believe i read that actual 4 guage wires can handle up to 1000rms) or should he go ahead with the 1/0 guage wires?

also does the dollar amount you spend on rca's really affect sound quality at all?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7584
he would be ok to run that amp at 1ohm.. and i'd run 1/0

rcas don't matter much until you start getting serious into an sq build.. but don't go cheap. at least spend a little money on something more quality

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11042
Use the bigger wire and do it right the first time, its not that much more cost, and you aren't throwing money away when which you would be if you have to to upgrade to bigger wire later.

As for RCAs, get something from a decent brand, NOT the cheapest ones you can find. I have seen plenty of those super cheap ones break, even happened to me years ago when I first got into car audio and didn't know any better...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us