Ran my car at Meca today.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 509
I talked to the guys at the event and decided against doing a SQL competition. Instead I wanted to see how loud my car could get so I did a clinical, then a test run. On my clinical I hit 138.5 dB and on my test run I hit 137.1. My box peaked at 45 Hz. I was listed in street class 1.

This is a video of my clinical. Bass sweep from 100 Hz to 20 Hz.

This was the test run at 45 Hz.

This was my first time ever having my car tested, I really didn't have much of an idea going into it. When I did my clinical I had my bass on +1 and my dB knob about 60% open. My friend Kevin talked me into "pushing" it harder on my test run and I had my bass on +5 and my knob all the way open. But non-the-less I hit where I assumed I would, in the 130's.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13832
congrats on your results

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5477
Nice score Shawn!

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 11043
Looks like a nice system but whats with the wires over the seat

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 510
I have a hatch cover and custom fitted 6.5's in there. The guy in charge of looking at what everyone has and filling out the paperwork told me my sub would be louder if I had the sub firing up. So I took the hatch piece loose and sat it in my back seat then turned my sub up. The wires over the seat are just the wires running from my 4 channel amp to those 6.5 speakers. The wire going from my sub amp to the box is only as long as it needs to be to reach.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2176
man i didnt see ya there that sucks. i was in the green explorer with my wife. she was competing this time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us